We have been up camping for the last week and a half. No schedules just pure relaxation. Now that I am back it is hard to get into a schedule, so after Sunday we are heading back up for the week of July 4th, and maybe longer.
We had a fun time up in the mountains. The weather cooperated a lot better than it did the week before. We did have the furnace on the first night but then it was really comfortable, and we could sleep with the windows open. Up there the season is about a month behind and the blossoms and wildflowers are just gorgeous. I haven't seen it that beautiful for a long time.
a fort with the help of their Grandfather,
Aunt and Uncle. They worked so hard to
get it finished and now they have
something to play in.
Sitting at a fire with Grandma Draper and some of our cousins.
Clark
Every time someone starts up a 4-wheeler or the Trecker all the children come running (they think they need to be on the ATV's constantly) so we took a short ride down the canyon. The boys took turns driving through a stream that goes across the road to see who could make the biggest splash.
Ryan
Our way back to the "Property" (aka Cedar Ridge)
We actually even roasted hot dogs over the fire. Usually we don't get the fire going until later so they usually get boiled over the stove. But the kids had a lot of fun and most of them had more than one.
We had a lot of fun, and we made a lot of memories, and I hope the kids will remember their summer I know that I will!!

2 comments:
It sounds like you guys are having a great time. We miss you here and can't wait for ya'll to get back. By the way, the Scouts now have half of the bulleting board in the hallway by the fountains and I just did the first layout on it. It is really cute! I will have to e-mail you a pic of it. Well, enjoy your summer vacation! Monica
I can't tell you how bad I'm itching to get on my 4-wheeler, and see those flowers. Ira took the kids this weekend, but my belly is just TOO BIG! I can only imagine how beautiful the wildflowers will be this year with all the snow we've had.
Post a Comment