
...because then I get to be Baptized!!!
Emma had waited for a month and a half till she was baptized. We decided to do the baptism while we were back home where our family is. It was great that her cousin Reagan was turning eight right about the time we were going to arrive, so we did them together. It was a wonderful day!! First the baptism and then her Aunt Jennifer (Reagan's Mom) had a surprise party for them. There was food, games and lots of fun!

Emma with her Mom and Dad.
Emma, Elizabeth and Reagan.
Even Dad played the game with us!
Notice the piece of cake, it is one of the corners with all of the frosting. Only on her day would she get this much!!
Reagan, Ally and Emma.
I am so grateful that Emma chose to be baptized. She was so excited to be baptized that she was constantly asking how many more days. Then she found out that we were going to do it with Reagan and that excited her even more. She thought that it was going to be so much fun. The one thing she was concerned about, was how her primary teacher was going to be there. Her teacher told them that she was going to try to be to all of their baptisms and we weren't doing it where we lived, so we had to reassure her that every thing would be fine.
When Emma turned eight last month she was so sad that she didn't get her "Holy Bible" (scriptures) with her presents. She kept asking us when she was going to get her "Holy Bible", because she wanted her own so bad. We told her her brothers got theirs when they were baptized, so she would have to wait till then. So when she was finally baptized and confirmed she asked about her "Holy Bible", because she hadn't received it yet. Yes, she finally received them and she was so excited that it had her name on them. I think that was the highlight of Her day, behind being baptized into "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints".
I want Emma to know how much I love her, and how grateful I am to have her in our family. And for her to know how proud I am of her decision to be baptized.









6 comments:
Way to go Emma! What a fun party and two beautiful girls on their special day. Wish that we could of been there! Miss ya already! Have fun and take lots of pictures and make lots of new posts on your blog for us!
Congrats to Reagan and Emma!!!
Yea Emma! Looks like you had a fun party and Aunt Jennifer has been watching too much "Minute To Win It"!!!
She's really 8???? I remember the day you had her like it was yesterday!
That's so wonderful. She looked so happy. How long are you in town? I would love to see you and your family. Loved the pic of dad playing the game!
Thank you for the congrats!! She was excited to see them. Yes Monica we miss you guys, and hopefully I can keep updating the blog. Jen, yes I think she watches too much "Minute To Win It" she actually had some other games from there but we didn't get to them. When you drive by (Drapers) stop by and say hi (if my truck is here) we need to get together. Nicky I can't believe that she is eight also, but then I can't believe Clark and Brayden are going into 8th grade. When we pass through Cache Valley next time we will have to stop by. Megan, we are here till the middle of July. Wendi mentioned maybe going to the zoo maybe we could meet up there. Let me know.
Post a Comment