
A few years ago I was introduced to these books ("Princess Academy" and "Goosegirl" both by Shannon Hale) while discussing books to read for our book club. I finally read them and I loved them. They are all based on a fairy tale, but aren't your typical fairy tales.

I was telling Emma about "Goosegirl" because she loves anything to do with princesses, especially stories about them. I knew it was above her level of reading so we decided to read it at bedtime, (I try to read to the kids at bedtime if they are ready at a certain time). It took us a while but we finally finished it. It was so funny how interested in the book Emma was, we got towards the end and she would get mad she wanted to know how it ended. I won't tell you anything you will have to read it on your own. Now we are back to reading Junie B. Jones for the meantime.
One book that I don't recall reading as a child is "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". So when Ryan asked me to read it to him before bed I thought great I can do this, I am so enjoying it.

Oh, and by the way, Ryan has finally found a book that he can't put down. Right now he is reading "Percy Jackson, and the Lightning Theif". I catch him reading whenever he thinks he has a free moment. Maybe nagging is good (sometimes)!

1 comment:
I remember you talking about Goose Girl, but still haven't read it. Next time I make it to the library I will have to look for it.
Post a Comment