Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Snow...down south!!!


In the fall the cotton fields look like they were just snowed on. Doesn't it look cool? I love this time of the year, the leaves changing, the cotton being picked and baled, the cooler temperatures and just the difference in the air. I went to take Andrew's picture this morning, knowing if I didn't hurry the fields would be gone. I made it just in the nick of time. While we were there they were starting up the tractor to start the picking/cutting process. Then just as we were getting ready to leave a gentleman pulled over to let me know that they were just getting ready to pick/cut the field, and that there were some other fields that were bigger if I needed that for pictures. And that they had baled some cotton just down the road and that I should go and take his picture with them. He asked how old Andrew was and if he had been old enough he would of had him take a ride in the tractor while it was working. But he was too young and we were on our somewhere else anyways. Even though Andrew is just fourteen months he was still quite intrigued with the tractor anyways. What is it about boys and tractors? When Clark and Ryan were younger they also loved the tractors when we would visit the ranch.

Andrew's first pictures in the cotton fields. I couldn't get him to cooperate like I wanted but think they turned out anyways. I was going to try to get the rest of the kids pictures with the cotton but I think I might be too late knowing they are picking it today/tomorrow.

At first I couldn't get him to even stay by the cotton plants but then he decided to touch them and found out that they are soft and cool.

He was closely trying to figure out what it was. I couldn't tell if he was thinking about eating it or smelling it.
The hay bales. He wasn't too sure about them. He wanted to stay by me, so the second I got the chance to get a few feet away and snap a picture I took advantage of it. I think he thought they were huge compared to him.

Emma had her first project in third grade due this last week. They were to make a skeleton out of something. The only other thing they were told was it had to be on poster board and to be creative. She decided on using pretzels. I showed her how to start by starting the head for her, I left the room and came back to this. She did a GREAT JOB and was so excited to take it to school.

I was driving down the road and noticed this cool old home/store (not sure what it was in its day). I love the old homes here around the town. Being in the south there is a lot of opportunities to see things like this. Some are fixed up and some of them look like they have been forgotten. It is funny how I had been down this road a lot and never noticed it till today. I thought it would be fun to have it in black and white verses color. It reminds me what it would have looked like back then.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Love the snow down south! Emma's project is awesome, way to go girl!