This is what we practice for all year, the annual piano recital. The kids did a great job with their pieces. They practiced hard and were ready when the time came. They were starting to get burned out there towards the end, so they are grateful that we are taking a break for the summer. Now don't get me wrong they are still going to practice, but now they don't have a whole lot of pressure. I am hoping that Clark will finally learn "The Entertainer", he was given it to learn a while ago but wasn't getting it, now he can have to summer to work on it. Clark is also going to work on the hymns so he can play for priesthood when needed. Ryan has already chosen some new music to work on and Emma is excited to play some stuff for fun out of a book that is just below her level. Now is their chance to have fun with the piano.
Clark has been taking piano for 4 years, Ryan for 4 years and Emma 2 years. I love to hear how much better they get with each year. Clark and Ryan are getting to play actual songs that I have heard and not just pieces and Emma loves to play out of her "Jukebox Favorites". She says she is now going to learn "It's My Party" and "Sixteen Candles". It's wonderful to hear the boys play the hymns, the only problem is they learn one and play it over and over and over till they have worn it out. I have to ban them from playing it, I know I shouldn't have to do that but they need to learn others. Every once in a while is fine not every time they walk past the piano. I am excited to hear what they are going to learn next year.
I was trying to upload a video of them playing but I can't get it to load, so here are some still pictures of the kids.
Clark played the songs "Phantom of the Keys" and "Swing Low Sweet Chariot"
Ryan played "Pachabell Cannon"
Ryan and Emma played a duet "Blue Moon"
Emma played "Dance of the Irish"
Sister Franklins students
If I can figure out how to get the videos loaded I will post them if not I am sorry grandma and grandpa they will just have to play for you when you see them.

No comments:
Post a Comment