Tuesday, January 1, 2013

December in a nutshell

December has been a slower month for us, so you would think I would be able to update this more often.  Now it is January 1st, 2013 (that is going to take a while to get used to) and I am finally getting some of the other highlights from the last month on here.

Dad has had another birthday and yes he is another year older.  This year I was going to make a Red Velvet Cake for him, but when I went to get the food coloring I realized I didn't have enough (it was a good thing I checked before I started) and I wasn't going to the store, so I decided he would probably like a chocolate cream pie better anyway. The kids (with mom's help) decided to decorate the front room with balloons, the kids even made some cards for him that they put in the front room for dad (my pictures didn't turn out very well so I don't have one of him and his decorations).
 Dad and his birthday pie.
Teaching Andrew some great manners, NOT!


Making a gingerbread/rice krispy treat house.  This year at our ward Christmas party one of the things they were doing was having a gingerbread house contest.  I thought hum let's try one with rice krispies.  The kids thought that was a great idea.  The only problem is we had never made one so before we even left the house it was already falling over.  Now we know what we need to do for next year to make it stable.  But Ryan and Emma had fun building it. 
 
 The finished project. 
We even won an award for it


With Emma being in the school choir we even got to go to the zoo.  Usually we have to pass on this one because it cost's so much that it isn't worth it just to see her sing and to see some lights.  Since we had bought a family pass for the year we decided we would go and make a family night out of it.  Andrew wanted to walk around and see the animals, with it being night and dark the animals were already in their beds.  He was upset but then we were pointing out the lights and he was good with that.  But our night was cut short because it was a very cold night in the south.  I know I laugh thinking we had now problem walking around Christmas Village and seeing the lights while we lived in Utah but the cold here is different.  It chills you to the bone.  I think it has something to do with the humidity in the air. 
 


Christmas morning 2012
The kids were so excited for Christmas morning to finally come.  As they were finally going to bed I noticed a couple of them had their alarms set so they could get up at 5:00am.  I quickly put an end to that and told them they will be up early enough as it is.  Well, they made it to 5:30-5:45am.  I on the other hand had had a not so great night, I went to bed and woke up with my stomach hurting and I didn't get much sleep.  I was hoping it wasn't the flu.  I still don't know what it was I had but it was not fun.  So when the kids came in I was not ready to get up.  Well we couldn't talk them into going back to bed (Andrew was ready he said he was tired and he wanted to lay down with mom), so we ended up getting up and opening presents.  
Playing around with my camera on the manual setting.
With the flash.
I like the first picture better!
Emma excited for some fuzzy jammies.
Santa brought Andrew a new bike.
Talk about excited!!
Santa brought Clark and Ryan each a new R.C. vehicle
Clark and Andrew handing out the presents.
Putting Andrew's new bike together.   Andrew was so excited to help so he could ride it.
Playing Xbox.
It's what they do best.
Sunday December 30th, 2012
Showing off their new Sunday clothes.
I had to put this on here too because of Andrew's mischievousness.  He was trying to grab Emma's necklace without anybody noticing.  Just look at that grin!!!

No comments: