Sunday, July 19, 2009

Meet Andrew!!!

Meet our newest addition to our family. His name is Andrew Craig. He was born on Wednesday July 15th 2009 at 5:46 pm, he weighed 6 lbs 10 oz.

As I said earlier in the last blog, I had to go to the doctor Wednesday for another ultrasound to see if he was still breech and because the tech thought she saw the placenta again. So I went to my appointment and the ultrasound showed the baby had turned head down but the cord was in between the cervix and the baby's head. My doctor decided he didn't want me to go in to labor so later that day he did the c-section. Which ended up being the best because the umbilical cord had three knots tied in it. If I had gone any longer he might not be with us now. I am so glad that he is here and healthy. He has brought so much joy to us. We love him so much and the kids want to hold him all the time. We love you so much little buddy!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

He is so cute! You need to be posting more picures of my new little nephew for us to look at! Since you live so stinking far away and we can't see him in person, you better be putting way more pictures of him on your blog.

The Hoyt Crew said...

so excited for you!! what a cutie you do good work guys! I had a friend with the same problem... not such a great outcome so congrats on getting him here safe and healthy!!

Nicky said...

I'm so happy for your family - he is so beautiful (or handsome I should say). I agree with Heidi, get more pictures on for those of us who live so far away!
So glad that he's here safe and sound - bet that was scary.

Megan said...

Congratulations! It is so exciting to have a new little one. He looks like he belongs in your family too. So cute. I'm sure glad he arrived safe and sound. It can be so scarey. Best wishes and take good care.