
"I looked out the window and what did I see?
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree!
Spring has brought me such a nice surprise,
Blossoms popping right before my eyes.
I could take an armful and make a treat,
A popcorn ball that would smell so sweet.
Spring has brought me such a nice surprise,
Blossoms popping right before my eyes.
I could take an armful and make a treat,
A popcorn ball that would smell so sweet.
It wasn't really so, but it seemed to be
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree."
It is so funny, as we drive around and see the new blossoms we always sing that song. I can get Emma to sing with me but the boys think they are too big:(. I LOVE LOVE LOVE spring!!! I love seeing the new blossoms ('popcorn' as the kids call it), it just says I am here. Spring is such a wonderful time of the year, everything is new, the smells of all the blossoms, yes it wrecks havoc on my allergies but I love the smells. I thought in moving here I wasn't going to have any allergies (there is no sagebrush) but I was wrong, here it is 12 months instead of six or so.

Emma loves flowers, and this winter she went with her dad and they ended up coming home with some purple pansies, and as we were waiting for the bus she noticed that they were still alive and thriving. She commented that there was a white pansy and she was so excited, she thought they were all purple. It's funny because when I think of pansies I always start to sing
"Little purple pansies touched with yellow gold,
Growing in the corner of the garden old,
We are very tiny but must try, try, try
Just one spot to gladden you and I."
(Can you tell I have been in primary to much? No, I just love Primary songs, they are so simple but carry a great big message.)We are very tiny but must try, try, try
Just one spot to gladden you and I."
Soccer is finally here, and the kids are having a lot of fun. Saturday was their first game and Emma's team won 4-0 and Clark's team tied 1-1. Ryan's team lost 3-2 but he and his father had woken up in the middle of the night with the stomach flu (Clark and Emma had it earlier this week), so he was not able to play, I will post some pictures after his next game. All the teams are looking really good, and the team that Ryan's team lost to schooled them last Fall so big improvements there. I know Ryan wished he were there and he will be for the next one!!




Thunderbirds

Maxwell Air Force Base (in Montgomery) hosted a air show this last weekend. and as we were coming home from Montgomery the Thunderbirds were just starting their show. We pulled over to watch them and Clark and Emma thought it was cool (remember Dad and Ryan were home sick). I think if the family had been well we would have gone to the base to see all of it. I heard it was an awesome event. There were military aircraft flying over head for different events during the day. But the thing the Thunderbirds reminded me of most was the sound of the F-16's flying over head. Where I grew up, we lived in the flight pattern for Hill Air Force Base. I remember when the kids were getting old enough to notice the jets above and they thought it was wonderful. I also remember one year my cousin (she knows who she is) came to spend the week with us and we just sat on the front porch for a while watching the jets fly by. Isn't funny what and how you remember things.

Just think of all the practice that these pilots have to put in to be able to do the stunts in the air and not run into each other. There was also a jet the would fly upside down on top of one the the others, I was just amazed. The funniest thing was, Emma was sitting on the car and the jet flew right over us, she slid off the car so fast and ran to me, it had scared her. Even with that she still enjoyed the show. Well I am going to go and I Hope that everyone has a GREAT DAY!!! Spring is here!!!

3 comments:
I love Spring too! I am totally jealous of you though, we woke up to a few inches of snow! Pretty but not what I want. As I saw the picture of the jet I was reminded of the visit to your house and spend hours watching the F-16's fly by. Then I read on! I am so glad we share such fun memories. Remember making the dance tapes, sun tanning, laughing. That was such a fun time. You are a wonderful cousin. I miss seeing you!! Will you be here this summer? Enjoy SPRING and all the fun it has to offer.
It's late, please ignore my mistakes!!
We went to Hill Field last year to watch the air show..the thunderbirds are amazing!!
Post a Comment