Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Youth Temple Trip :)


Last Saturday our ward had a youth temple trip. There were about seventeen youth that attended, which I thought was awesome. It was Clark's first trip to the temple, and with me being in Young Womens I was able to go and help out. It was so awesome to be able to go and help out, in the smaller temples they don't have the workers like they do in the bigger ones, so you are there to help.
Clark and a couple of his friends in the Deacons Quorum.

I have to write this down before I forget. A couple of weeks ago Clark, myself and some friends of ours were on our way to go to the temple, (the closest one is the Birmingham Temple which is about an hour and a half away). We had gone to "The Olive Garden" for dinner with what we thought we had plenty of time to eat and then be on our way. Well to start out, it took us forever to get our salad and bread sticks, then we get a phone call from another couple that was already on there way to warn us of an accident on the freeway, finally after sitting waiting for our food for an hour we had to ask for it to go. We get our food and get on our way, as we went to eat our food on the run there weren't any utensils. We finally get our forks and are on our way only to get stopped because of the accident (we figured it was cleaned up or we wouldn't have gone that way). It took us an hour and a half to go about 25 miles. By the time we got that far the session was starting in thirty minutes and we wouldn't make it. So we decided to turn around and go back on Tuesday. Out of the six of us only two of us actually made it, due to kids and business trips. We finally get there Tuesday and just as we were getting ready to go to the session the tornado sirens went off. All I could think is someone is trying to keep me from being here, but after fifteen minutes the warning was canceled and we proceeded. I was so grateful to be able to finally make it, I felt refreshed and ready to go again. Isn't it wonderful how just taking the time out of your busy schedule to go to the temple, makes you feel so much better, and things go smoother in your daily doings.

No comments: