Monday, May 9, 2011

17 years and counting :)

I can't believe 17 years ago (May 7, 1994) I married my best friend.  Yes, 17 years, my how time flies!!!  We had gone to the Birmingham, AL temple with some friends who's son was going thru the temple for his endowments in preperation for his mission I was sitting in the temple Friday night (May 6th) and realized that this was what I was doing 17 years ago, except I was taking out my own endowments.  I can't believe how fast those years have flown by.  Besides having Clark (Carrson) has my husband I have four wonderful kids that have helped the time go by.  I so enjoy watching them grow up and sooner than later we will watch them leave whether it be missions, college or marriages. We just have to hope we have taught them well.  
May 7th, 1994
Ogden, UT  Temple

I decided since I was blogging about my anniversary I thought I would do a husband tag.

1.  Full name?  Clark Carrson Draper.  He is the fourth Clark in his family , hence the middle name is not the same. 

2.  How long have you  been married?  Well as of today 17 years 2 days

3.  How long did you date? 2 1/2 weeks before he proposed, and 4 months till the wedding. 

4.  Who eats the sweets?  I eat more of the sweets, I love desserts (cakes, brownies cheesecake, see where I am going) but he loves chips and salsa, ice cream and cookies

5.  Who said "I Love You" first? He did

6.  Who is taller?  Take a guess, Him, you are correct!!!

7.  Who is smarter?  That's a no brainer, He is.  Clark (son) has already passed me up in math.  I can remember numbers and usually where things are in the home, but I am glad for him because he has the business smarts.

8.  Who does the laundry?  Me, yes some times it takes forever to get finished and he gets upset with me but I am the one that gets it done.  He will iron his shirts because it takes me forever to get them done.  I hate ironing I am too slow. 

9.  Who pays the bills?  Mostly I do with him checking to make sure I got them paid.

10.  Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?  He does, I have to have the left side.  I tried the right side and it was weird and I couldn't get used to it.

11.  Who mows the lawn?  He mostly does with the help of the boys, I do every once in a while when needed, but mostly him and the boys.

12.  Who drives?  It depends where we are going or what vehicle we are taking. 

13.  Who asked who out first?  Actually we were set up on a blind date.  His friend and his girl friend invited him to go to the movies with them adn he didn't want to be the third wheel so they called me and that is how we met.  We went and watched "Rudy", and everytime is comes on it reminds me of our first date.  That was a Staurday and the next day my friend called and asked if I wanted to go with them to a fireside and Carrson (that is the name his family and friends from highschool call him, his dad is also Clark).  I went with them and from then he invited me to come and hear him speak the next week (sacrament meeting) and from there we hit it off, got engaged and then married.

14.  Who kissed who first?  He did

15.  Who wears the pants?  He does, if I have a problem with anybody or the kids, he takes charge and gets it under control.

16.  Who admits they are wrong? He does, he will usually just let things slide off and let things go, me I want to make sure I get to the end, especially when I know that I am right.  I need to work on that and just say whatever, and go on and not try to cause problems. 

I just want Carrson (I still call him Carrson, Clark is grandpa and son) to know how much I love him.  I know there are things I need to work on and I am trying.  I love you!!!!  Happy anniversary!!!

May 6th, 2011
Birmingham, AL Temple

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great post! It was fun getting to know a little about you guys. You haven't aged at all!!

Pugliani Family said...

Happy Anniversary! 17 years? Wow! You guys make such a cute couple and cute kids too! I still can't believe that you made your wedding dress. It is beautiful!