It is that time of year again when soccer comes to an end. I know I am excited not to have to go anywhere in the evenings. I don't know if I am going to know what to do with myself. I think the kids are excited to be able to stay home and not have to rush anywhere. Yes, school is out Wednesday and they will be bored out of their minds next week but that's okay, hopefully they can get some pick-up games going.
Because yesterday was the last soccer game here are some pictures. Ryan's team came in the middle of the pack, they won some and lost some. I couldn't keep track, there were to many teams to remember. He played goalie for half the game and striker for the other half. He was a great goalie he didn't let many balls go by. Next year he jumps up to the U13, and hopefully there will be just as many teams playing as there were this season, lately that is the age when they kids start to fizzle out and the teams get fewer and fewer.
Charging the opponent.
I'm ready, let me at it!!!
Ryan his coach and his medal.
Emma also played goalie this year. It was funny to watch her, she is not a girl that likes to get dirty. She did have some great saves. She is also a great forward, but she played goalie a lot more because nobody else wanted to step up and play there. Most of the games she would play half the game as goalie and the other half she would be either midfield or forward. She had some close opportunities to score but at the last second the opposing goalie would grab the ball right of her foot. Hopefully she can keep it up and practice she could have lots of goals next season,
One of her great saves yesterday.
Going after the ball. Yea, it missed the goal!
Emma and her trophy.
Trying to win the ball.
These pictures were taken earlier this week, they were better then some that I was able to take yesterday.
Clark and Alex (one of his friends) battling it out and the ball went out of bounds.
Till next season we will enjoy having some down time. See you in the fall!!!
While the boys were at swim parties Saturday, (Ryan had a end of year party, and Clark's team went to a team mates home for their soccer party) Emma and Andrew played in the sprinklers in the backyard. Andrew wasn't too sure about it at first (he had never done that before) it was funny to watch him get used to it.
Emma giving the thumbs up. This is great!!
Andrew couldn't decide which sprinkler to run through. I had just turned on a small sprinkler and Dad turned on some of the backyard sprinklers, he would run from one to the other.
Emma trying to teach Andrew how to sit on the sprinkler. There was no way he was going to sit on it.
She succeeded in teaching him to step on the sprinkler. He thought that was great, that is all he wanted to do.
Just playin' in the water.
Rascal did not like the sprinkler, he kept barking at it and he tried to bite at it. It was hilarious to watch him.
A couple of days ago Emma and I were invited to an Activity Days; Mother Daughter pajama party. Yes, they wanted us to wear our pajamas. It was fun, and I hope that Emma had fun too. They taught us a line dance, had a pillow fight, played duck duck goose, musical chairs and they even painted our nails. I still even have the nail polish on, she did a great job.
The pillow fight!
Mom and Emma!!
We started out with matching hair but as Emma told me the pillow fight ruined her hair, It still looks good just not exactly like mom's. Thank You Emma, I had a lot of fun being with you. Also thanks to the leaders for putting it on.
Another update on my garden: Yes, those are tomatoes and yes it is not even the end of May. The orange ones were on the ground and we picked the red one today. I am so excited to have some home grown tomatoes. I have four tomato plants and they are all loaded. Hopefully I can bottle some salsa and tomatoes.
I also noticed there are zuchinis just about ready to be picked. Yummy, zuchini bread and fried zuchini. We have also been eating fresh peas for the last few weeks. Aren't gardens wonderful!!!!!

2 comments:
I LOVE the picture of the two of you together at the pajama party! SUPER CUTE! Way to go guys on soccer!
I love the photo of you and Emma too! So sweet! It was a fun night.
Post a Comment