Monday, September 24, 2012

Fall soccer has finally started...

and the kids were ready!  It had been a long summer and they needed to get out and play.  Clark and some of his friends tried a couple of times to get together and play, but with the heat and humidity they didn't do it as often as they would have liked.  We were able to get lucky this time on practices.  We have been playing for recreation ball for eleven seasons and we were finally able to have all (I mean all) of our practices on the same day at the same time with the exception of Ryan's team, they have the same schedule, except every other week they practice one hour later. But I am not complaining it has been GREAT so far and dad is helping coach Clark's team so it is even better. 
We have only had a couple of games. These pictures are from Ryan's and Emma's first two games.  They both played great.  Ryan stopped a lot of goals and Emma even had a break away.  Sadly they both lost their games.  Their teams are doing better.  There are only two teams in Ryan's division so they have played each other twice, and this week they play one of the travel ball teams here and in a a couple of weeks they play another ball team from one of the city's about 20 minutes from us.  Emma has five teams in her division and they play each other twice.  This last Saturday was the third week of play and Ryan had a bye and Em's team lost again.  The team they played has several kids that are really good.  They played a great game just didn't have any luck in winning.  Both Emma and Ryan play Thursday so Good Luck Guys!!
Clark had a bye the first week of play and I wasn't thinking on Saturday to grab the camera (as I was headed over to the church for Super Saturday as soon as I could get there, they had me teaching something later on that matter so I was worried about forgetting stuff for that) and of course, guess who scores?  I know, I was actually supposed to be gone by then.  I was going to leave a round half time or 10:30, they were down 0-3 at the half and came back to win the game 4-3, so see I couldn't leave. The scoring all started when Clark was fouled and went down (for a second) and his teammate scored on the penalty kick.  A few minutes later Clark took the ball down the field and scored (even if I did have my camera I would have missed it).  There was no way I could leave now (yes, it's 10:30 by now) what if they score again, and the game is almost over anyway.  So I endured to the end of the game.  I am glad I did since just as I was thinking I have really got to and another player scored, and just right before the game ended another player scored. It was great, the other team came out with gusto at the beginning of the game and scored their three goals right off the bat.  So Great job team!! 
Thee pictures are from the second week of play (their first game) they won (I think it was 6-0, correct me if I am wrong).

No comments: