Sorry I have been slacking on my updates lately. I had not not been feeling well, I thought it was just allergies. I had been coughing for a week with friends telling me I need to go to the doctor. I already had an appointment with the gynecologist and I didn't want to have to pay another co-pay so I was waiting and hoping he could help me out. Well he did and I ended up with bronchitis. So I was sent home with a Z-pac and some cough syrup that would help me sleep at night (I hadn't been sleeping due to waking up with my coughing fits and I really needed some sleep), I was looking forward to getting rid of this gunk. I am done with the meds and am starting to feel better, I still don't have a lot of energy yet but it is slowly returning. I have a couple of updates to get on here and a house to clean.
If you all know Emma she loves skirts, and to find a skirt that is modest just doesn't happen. So we (her and I) decided that I would make her some. While we were in Utah on vacation we decided to get the fabric. She found the fabric with the peace signs on it and fell in love with it, so we decided to match it with some plain material and make a tiered skirt, but first we had to find a pattern. We were in luck except the pattern was a smaller size, but it was only a dollar( and I won't pay much more then that for a pattern). It wasn't hard to figure out how to make it bigger and off we were. I did make another skirt for her and I totally forgot to take a picture and a still have some more fabric that we are going to use for something else, we are just trying to decide on making a sarong skirt or another skirt or dress for school. I wanted to post this with my family in mind so they could see how cute the skirt turned out if I do say so myself!
Em so excited to finally get to wear her skirt!
This month for visiting teaching I decided since we had just gotten a new route the week before, we would do something with a get to know you kind of theme. This is what I came up with. It is kind of a spin off of what we did for teacher gifts this last year, except I put "We were just 'popping' by to let you know we are 'soda' excited to get to know you!" If you are like me popcorn and IBC Rootbeer would just hit the spot. I hope the sisters enjoyed it.
I didn't think it looked so great but a little cellophane and ribbon made it look so much better.

No comments:
Post a Comment