Thanksgiving has come and gone, and it was a wonderful day, except the part where I wasn't feeling well and I had some vertigo issues and had to rest for a little bit. Dad and the older boys got up and went to the Turkey Bowl while mom, Emma and Andrew stayed home, watched the parade and got dinner started. The boys enjoyed playing some football and then came home, washed the truck and watched some football. Isn't that what Thanksgiving is for, football? Just kidding, I am very thankful for all my blessings, my family and the things I have.
We always try to get our Christmas tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving, and this year Andrew thought he needed to help with the ornaments. So we let him put a few on the tree. I don't know if that was a good idea or not, for a couple of days later we kept finding ornaments behind the chair and him trying to hide them from us. Crossing my fingers he hasn't bothered it for the last little while.
Another thing the kids like to do is go to the Christmas parade. This year we didn't have any of the kids in it, so Clark stayed home with dad and Ryan, Emma and Andrew went with me to the parade where we met up with some friends. Ryan had brought a football that he and some of the older kids played while we waited for the parade to start. Emma and her friend claimed they were bored and sat in the van and played video games. Andrew on the other hand wanted to run and run. I have to keep a close eye on him, he thought I wasn't watching him and he took off running down the parking lot. He is going to drive me crazy!
The group waiting for the parade to start.
Andrew was so excited for the parade to start. He got so excited when the motorcycle cops came by.
With Christmas coming it means concerts for both Ryan and Emma. Emma is in the choir at school and has really been enjoying it. They have had a couple of concerts already. This one is from when they went to one of the rest homes in the area and sang for them. She has a couple more still to go, and she is really excited because she gets to go sing at the mall and the zoo (for Zoo Lights).
If you recall from and earlier post Ryan is taking band again. This year the second years have to wear a uniform and they have more obligations. He also made jazz band again this year, and he is playing the bass piano, again. He was upset at first, he thought he would get to play the piano but the band teachers thought he was best on the bass piano so they preferred that he play there. I think he is okay with that now.
What an awesome stud. He loves to play piano and clarinet as long as I don't remind him to practice.
Something else we have to do is to take a trip to the local Bass Pro Shop to visit with and sit on Santa's lap. I can't get the older two boys to sit or even stand with Santa. I wish they would, because as you know Santa brings coal for those who don't tell him what they want.
Andrew and Emma were so excited to see Santa just look at those smiles.
They also have a craft for the kids to do. This time they had a snowman ornament for them to make. They also have coloring sheets and a letter you fill out for Santa.
Basketball has started for Clark, and he is excited. I believe this is his last year to play other then for the high school (if you can get him to try out again). His dad is his coach, and so far they are 2-0 for the season already. It is fun to watch him play (when Andrew lets me), he has gotten more aggressive, maybe it's all the practice playing after church during the week.
Getting a rebound. This picture doesn't show it well but his vertical jump has improved immensely.
Dad coaching and Andrew helping.
Clark wants to be a point guard so bad he got his chance the other night. They were beating the other team so bad I started to feel sorry for them (notice the score).
Oh and by the way a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders, I have been released from teaching Gospel Doctrine. I know I have struggled with that calling but I was really sad to be released. I got thinking today that I hadn't prepared yet but then reality hit and I was releaved. I think I am going to miss it but then maybe not, we"ll see. I am still the Cubmaster in the ward so I am not duty free. I do enjoy being with the cub scouts and watching them get so excited over earning their rank advancement or even just a belt loop. It makes my day to see these kids enjoying themselves. I hope they keep enjoying it, I know I do.

No comments:
Post a Comment