Monday, November 19, 2012

Another season ends!

 Instead of going straight to the soccer tournament we went to this past weekend, I wanted to post about Clark's and Ryan's Court of Honor.  We haven't had one in a while and the boys have been working really hard.  Ryan got eight merit badges and a rank advancement (he is now a Star).  Clark received three merit badges.  As I posted before he has got his Eagle project finished and is now just waiting to finish his paper work and get a board of review so he can receive his Eagle Rank.  Now that soccer is finished for the season we can focus on getting that complete.  Hopefully here in the near future we will have a post with him receiving his Eagle, fingers crossed.
 
 Pinning on Mom's Mother's pin.  He was quite nervous to pin it on, he actually handed it to me so I could do it.  He ended up doing a good job pinning.


 Now back to the State Soccer Tournament  *Warning picture overload* (Grandma's want to see pictures lots of pictures, well maybe all of our family back home).  We had an exciting weekend in Dothan, Al.  It didn't start out like it was supposed to.  I set my alarm to go off at 4:00am Saturday morning or so I thought.  At 5:10am I got a text (from a friend that was already down in Dothan) to see if we were on our way yet.  We had planned on being on the road at 5:00am so we could make sure we were there and ready to go.  Well needless to say the text woke me up, I looked at the clock and jumped out of bed.  Got Carrson's attention went and woke the kids up, told them we were late and it was already after five and we needed to get on the road.  Needless to say we left and were on the road within a half an hour and still made it with time to spare.

Like I posted before Clark, Ryan and Emma made the all-star team for their ages, and this was the weekend of the State Tournament.  All the teams were represented well.  I hope they all had fun, because it was fun watching them play, and visiting with all of the soccer parents.
 I am going to start off with Emma since she is the youngest (playing).  They started off great, they won (and no, I don't remember any of the scores, we watched eleven games and I did not write anything down).   You ask how in the world were we able to see all their games, especially when everyone of Clark's and Ryan's games were at the same time and one of those games Emma played too.  Well for the most part we sat at the field Clark played at (more central location) and dad or I would go to the first half of Ryan's game come back and switch with the other one, and when all three were playing I started out at Emma's (shortest time playing), dad started out at Ryan's, and after Em's game ended we walked over to Clark's who still had about twenty minutes left.  Yes, it was a lot of running around but it was worth watching what we could.  I enjoy watching them grow in the sport!
 
Can you tell who just scored??  
Talk about excited!!  She was so pumped about her goal she went and scored in the second game too.  Way to go Emma I am so excited and proud for you.  Emma grew in leaps and bounds in soccer this year.  She had a coach that saw where she worked really well and kept her there instead of moving her around all the time.  Thank you coach for helping her grow!!
 
 
 U11 Girls team.  
Oh and by the way they took second place in State.
 The team trophy.
It is bigger than Emma.
 Emma and her individual trophy.  Andrew wanted her trophy so bad we compromised and said he could hold it and mom would take picture.  He was just as excited for Em's trophy as she was.
 Now on to Ryan.  Ryan's team,  they fought hard but they lost all their games.  I don't remember all the final scores but I know they lost by one in two games,  lost one in a shootout, and another one the opposing team scored five goals.  They struggled but they still played hard.  I am very proud of my goalie, sometimes I just wished he would let us practice with him (he claims he doesn't need to practice).
This is what he looks like when it is cold out.
I wouldn't want to charge on this goalie, sCaRY!!
 Here are some of his AWESOME saves!
 He had quite a few but I think these turned out the best.
 

 
 His team didn't get together after their last game for a team picture, so I will refer you back to the team picture from districts.  I think the kids were very sad that they wanted to hurry and leave the field and go home.  (Personally I wasn't up there dad was, so I am only writing what I heard.)


And now on to Clark's games.  The U15 team also did a great job this weekend. They won two and lost two.  Clark was the second highest scorer on his team with three goals.  Yay for Clark!  I do remember the score from the first game because I thought hopefully they can all be this easy.  They beat the team 10-0.  Wow you say, all the teams beat them like that.  The games seemed to get harder as they progresses throughout the tournament.  They had a great pattern going won, lost, won, lost.  But they were still happy that they did so well.  A lot of the problem is there are two teams that always win and usually the refs watch out for those two (cities) teams, and those two teams were in the championship for the U15.  But I thought there spirits were still up and they were having fun even if us parents were taking tons of team pictures.
 For some reason he really likes to head the ball.
 
 
 
U15 All-Stars
Just look at those smiling faces!

Here is what we (or Andrew) did during and in between games.
 Ryan trying to get Andrew to come over to us.
This is one of my favorite pictures of the two.
 Play video games,
Play in the dirt on the baseball field
(Emma's games were in the outfield of one of the baseball fields),
 Color.
I couldn't get him to come on the grass and color, he wanted to be on the dirt.  Is that a true boy or what?
 Sleep (thank you Jessica).
By this time he was exhausted, and he found Jessica (one of our coaches daughters that has played with Andrew since he was like nine months old).  We couldn't get him to sit let alone sleep and she went and got him to lay down and that was the end of that.
Play in the dugout.
This is another one of my favorites.
 Have lunch and visit.
Andrew fell asleep before I moved over to the group (below)


 Play some more in the dirt
and last but not least watch the games.

We had a great weekend and man am I glad soccer is over for now.  I have a cold now that I blame on allergies and sitting out in the cold for three hours a night three to four nights a week, that I need to get over.  Plus basketball started for Clark last Thursday and dad is his coach so I don't have to be there.

It is weird sitting here trying to figure out what I am going to make for dinner but then I realized I don't have to rush to eat before 5:00pm.  We can actually have a nice sit down dinner and not be eating on our way out the door. Yea!!  What in the world am I going to do at night now?  Maybe, get the kids to bed on time, watch a little television and relax, or maybe I can finish the book I started months ago whatever I do it will feel weird for the first little while not to have to be at the soccer fields. 

I hope this recap was enjoyable and just think no more soccer posts for a few months.  I know we are a soccer family and we enjoy it!!  Love you!  

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving if I don't get on here before then.  It is coming soon, Thursday to be precise.

No comments: