Thursday, November 7, 2013

Halloween Festivities

This year has flown by, I can't believe that it is November 1st already.  Halloween came and went so fast that I am afraid if I blinked I would have missed it.  I blame it on the weather.  It has been so warm here this last week that it has completely thrown me off.


We have had a fun and festive Halloween, trunk or treating, story time for Andrew, making and frosting Halloween cookies and then to follow it all up trick or treating in the neighborhood.  This year the kids didn't help make the cookies, I had done them while they were at school, but those that wanted to helped frost and decorate could (I did save that for them).  Andrew was so excited to put sprinkles on the cookies.
 Clark did help too, I just hadn't pulled the camera out yet because I was working with another batch of cookies that needed to be put in the freezer so I could cut them easier. 
 Notice how all the sprinkles are in the middle of the cookie.  It was either very sparse and in the center or a huge pile of sprinkles.  But it is the memories that count.
 I didn't get as creative with the frosting this year.  I was trying to get a plate put together so I could go visiting teaching and have a plate for the sister, so I just made orange and white.  As Clark was frosting a ghost orange I mentioned that they are white, well he came back with this one ate some candy corn.  So we have white and candy corn loving ghosts.


Getting ready to trick-or-treat
Hermonie Granger, the big bad wolf, an agent from "Call of Duty" and last but not least Captain America.


Off we go!
Andrew wanted his picture with his pumpkin while it was glowing.  
I had to use the flash it wouldn't take without it.

Our Pumpkins all lit up and glowing.  They looked great.
Emma's

 Clark's
 Andrew's
Ryan's

No comments: