Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Basketball has come to an end...

...and high school soccer is in full swing.  Well as of next week all the kids will be in soccer, whether it is high school or rec.  This year was one of the first years Ryan asked me if I had gotten him signed up.  I think he has missed it.  Emma and Andrew are way excited too. 

Basketball
 I took these pictures with my phone, they are better then not having anything so they aren't the greatest.  I am still trying to figure out how to take a great picture, so I hope you enjoy.
 
Basketball was good this year Clark's team went undefeated. Yea for them!!!  Some of the games were tough and they had to come from behind to win,which was awesome.  They did a great job!  Like I said earlier dad was Clark's coach so it made getting there and back much easier.  With Clark having soccer conditioning till 4:30 and basketball practice at 5:00, I just picked him from one practice and dropped him off at another, and dad brought him home.  Dad may not say it was easier.  He had practice at 5:00 on Mondays and 8:00 on  Thursdays.  With being the bishop it was a little more complicated he says.  Practice on Mondays, church on Tuesdays, visits on Wednesdays and practice on Thursdays, he was and is a busy man. 


Soccer
Soccer season has started and so has the rainy season. I thought spring soccer was supposed to be warm and nice, NOT.   Clark has played in the rain more times then not.  Maybe it hasn't poured every game or all game for that matter but it has been wet and we have needed our umbrellas and it has been cold (I should get a picture of us all bundled up watching them). During their second game just as they were coming back from halftime (they had played about six minutes) it started lightning and thundering, which meant they would have to postpone the game till it passed.  Thirty minutes later play resumed in the pouring rain.  We totally dominated the half but sadly the game only ended in a tie.  I think I will just make sure I have my umbrella with me at the games.  They are off to a great start so far they are 2-1-1 (two wins-one loss-one tie).
 
Yet to come: Sylacauga Tournament.  I will post after.



No comments: