With school ending for the year I am so proud of Clark, Ryan and Emma in their accomplishments that they achieved this past year.
Emma did a great job throughout the year, she made the all "A" honor Roll in first grade class. She decided that she loved to read and her goal for the year was to read the most books in her class. She read 228 books, she was in second place for most of the year and right there at the end her friend, who was in first place, was absent for a few days and Emma took over and never looked back. Some of her favorite books to read are anything to do with princesses, Junie B. Jones, Arthur books, and chapter books. I will find her in her room ar the frontroom reading throughout the day, as of right now I don't have to get on her to read, she loves doing it. I am so proud of her and I hope that she keeps on liking to read throughout her life. Way to go Girl!! Keep it up!!
Here she is with her trophy for reading the most books.
Ryan did a great job in fourth grade this past year. His goal this year was to have 100% attendance. Last year at the awards assembly when they announced the award he thought that was awesome and wanted to try for it. He did it, he had 100% attendance this last year. There were only about ten or so students out of about 200+ in the fourth grade that actually were able to be awarded it. Way to go buddy, that is such an awesome achievement. He also was on the "AB" Honor Roll at his school. In his class there were five students that were acknowledged and he was the only boy. I am so proud of him for trying so hard in his classes and getting those grades. keep up the good work, and you will do great things!!
Here is Ryan with his 100% attendance and "AB" Honor Roll Awards. 
Clark was also on the "AB" Honor Roll this past year. He was also one of the top ten students that got the most "AR" points for the year. He had 535 points for the year, and wanted me to put in here that it was fourth place. I thought it was kind of funny that out of the students that go to our ward (it is the only ward in the area) that four out of five of the students ranked in the top ten in the sixth grade. If you don't know what "AR" is, it is for Accelerated Reader, after you have read a book you take a test on what you just read (basically it is a comprehension test, I wish they had that when I was in school because I have always had a hard time with comprehension). Clark also got the Principal's Award for being a "Positive Role Model" in his class. (He wanted me to say he got this award last year in fifth grade also.) I was able to substitute in his quad several time this past year and all I heard was how good of a student and how help full he was to the teachers and that he will be missed. Way to go Clark, keep it up!!
Here is Clark with all of his awards. Principal's Award, Top ten in "AR", Rocket into Reading (most books read in his reading class and his "AB" Honor Roll awards. 
I am so proud of Clark, Ryan and Emma. They are such wonderful students and I hope that they stick with it. They will go far if they keep up the great work that they are doing. I am so happy and proud to be their mother.
Children pull on our apron strings for a while, but on our heart strings forever!
I had to add this little clip because it is so funny to watch. We were out back the other night and the kids were playing with Aggie and even though my camera takes a video but has no sound. It was so funny to watch Clark and Aggie play with her rope. She loves to play fetch with her rope, if you can get her to give it back to you. Mostly she tries to get you to play tug-of-war. Now she has decided, that because we use hands she has to use her paws to get it away from us.


2 comments:
Way to go clark, Ryan, and Emma! Aren't you SO glad that we can sleep in now? I know that I am! I'm thinking pool time at the Y!
We still have a couple of weeks till schools out. Still finishing up all the recitals, last games, etc. I will be so glad when it's done - I think there is much less contention in our home when I don't have to hound them to practice, read, do homework etc. etc. Sounds like your kids are thriving. Good for them. Hope your feeling good!
Post a Comment