This last weekend I finally got my backyard fire pit put together, and we roasted hot dogs and smores. With it being a holiday (Memorial Day) and Dad having to work we didn't get to do much. We did take the kids to see "Night at the Museum, Battle of the Smithsonian" and they thought that it was great. I can't believe how much movie theatres charge, even for a matinee. That's why we don't go to the theatre that often. Now we have to save our pennies for the summer movies that you have to see on the big screen (Harry Potter, Transformers just to name a few).
The family making fun memories. The kids think that this is great, it is so fun to hear them talk about cooking their own hot dogs and marshmallows. Emma asking if her hot dog is done after just a few seconds over the heat, and sending her back to cook it some more and Ryan having to char his marshmallow saying that is how he likes it . I was also really surprised at how well the dog did while we were out there. I thought she would jump on the table and go for the hot dogs but she behaved herself. I hope that your holiday weekend was good and that you will have some great memories to share. Have a wonderful day!!

2 comments:
Brian did a built in fire pit in our old house. Once he had the scouts over and then word got out that the ware house was the party pit house!! Our favorite thing to cook is starbursts!! They get all gooey gross...but good!
Good luck this summer! We spent last summer with the chicken pox, first Madison and Ashley and then a few weeks later Christian and Courtney. All except the baby (1 and 1/2mo. old at the time)had been immunized! Maybe it's a Weir thing. Hope you are luckier then us. We missed you at the memorial day BBQ at your parents! We also took our kids to the same movie and I pretty sure that won't happen again for a long time. Good luck with everything.
Post a Comment