Friday, May 8, 2009

Derbys, Storms, Fairs and Recitals!

Does it ever slow down????

I know this is dated Friday May 8, 2009 but I actually started putting it together then and didn't finish it till Monday May 11, 2009. But here it is I hope you enjoy reading the fun we are having here.

DERBY'S--Pack Meeting in April was a Space Derby. Ryan had a lot of fun building and painting his rocket. He wanted it to look like a bullet from "Super Mario Land" (game boy game). He did a great job, it looked just like one.

Me, being the Cub Master, I had a whole organized race with heats and everything. But as usual we ran into problems, the line wasn't tight enough, the rockets didn't want to work like they were supposed too and so on. Dad was helping me with a few of the other fathers trying to figure out what to do. Finally after a half an hour or so they got it working, but it was taking too long for each heat the "organized" way, so the den leaders and myself decided to just let them race whoever they wanted and so forth. Once we realized that, the boys were having a blast. Who cared who came in first or last, as long as they got an award they were happy. I had the 11 year old scouts judge the rockets and they came up with some good names.



STORMS--This is how our morning started Thursday May 7th. We woke up to thunder and lightening and not much rain. I kept checking the news to see what the weather was going to be like because Clark had an outside field trip to the Nature Center and I wanted him to be prepared. (The field trip was postponed to a later date thankfully, or those children would have been soaked.) But I didn't hear anything except we would have some thunderstorms in the morning. As I was taking Ryan and Emma to school the National Weather Service came on saying there was a sever thunderstorm just north of where we live. Buy the time I was on my way back home, visibility was horrible and I could hardly see in front of me in certain spots. By the time Clark left for work it was an outright downpour that lasted over an hour. This is what the side of our driveway looked like. I took the trash out and the water on the grass was up higher than my ankles. The road was a river. Luckily we have a slant from our home to the road so we were lucky and didn't have any flooding in our house. There was a lot of flooding around here. I tried to see if I could find pictures of the flooding around here, but it won't let me download them. So if you are interested go to wsfa.com and check them out.
This is the water coming out of the backyards in between our house and the neighbors. The nice thing is most of the houses are graded so that the water drains away from the house. I didn't venture over there, because I decided I better get out of the thundering and lightening so I didn't get zapped, so I don't know how deep it was. Thunder, lightening and an umbrella just the combination for disaster.
These are pictures of our backyard. We joke about it and call the swamp during rain storms. What a mess.
FAIRS--Ryan also had an ISP Fair Thursday night. He is in the ACE program at school, and this year they learned about Ancient Chinese Customs. He had a lot of fun in that class, too bad it was only an hour a week. For his project he had to do research and make a poster on something he chose. As you can tell he chose the Ancient Chinese Crossbow. He did a great job on his poster, he even free handed the picture of the crossbow on the poster. He is our artist. RECITALS--Emma had her dance recital on Saturday. YEA!! She was so excited to do it. I think she was more excited to take a break from dance for the summer. She was so cute in her cowgirl outfit. The theme this year was "Julia's Toy Store". So all of the groups were some type of doll. It was fun to watch Emma watch the other girls dance, especially the ballet girls that stay on there toes (hence toe shoes). She was amazed that if she sticks with it that could be her.

She took ballet and tap this last year, and it is so fun to see her progress from last year. She is a lot more graceful and she is excited that she can almost do the splits. For her recital in tap they danced to "Ragtime Cowgirls", and for ballet they danced to "You've Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story. It was so much fun seeing her smile up there on the stage I get teary eyed and think she is growing up so fast. I know I'm a baby, I think it is the pregnancy I get teary eyed easily.


Part of her ballet routine.
Her and her flowers. She thinks that she has to get flowers after her performance. Isn't she just adorable?


3 comments:

The Hoyt Crew said...

Wow what a swimming pool in the yard and emma what a cutie... everyone growing up! How are you doing Mom? are you ready for another one??? There is a lot of things that you forget.. like sleep

Pugliani Family said...

I hate that we missed Emma's recital. Her comstume is adorable. Don't forget to put a video on here of her dancing!

Are you ready for Saturday?

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can reveal that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is quiet a without question as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with issue of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=malwarebytes anti-malware 1.09 ?
I noticed the utter you procure not used. Or you functioning the dreary methods of inspiriting of the resource. I have a week and do necheg