Thursday, August 5, 2010

Summer's Ending :(


Can you believe that summer is just about over? I can't, school starts Monday (8-9-10) for us. The kids are getting excited but I am trying to figure when Summer ended the second week of August. I remember going back to school the last week of August. It is too hot (in my opinion) to start back already.
Since we have been back home we haven't done a whole lot of stuff. We have gone over to the YMCA pool a couple of times to keep cool, but other then that we have just tried staying cool in the air conditioned house, we have had temps of 115 with the heat index, and yes to all you people that live in the west yes I believe humidity makes it feel hotter, I froze (at least for the first month) while I vacationed there this summer.

Clark, Ryan and Emma have progressed so much in their swimming. They love going and playing with the other kids in the ward we go with.


Emma finally talked her Dad into going to the pool with us. She wanted to be able to go to the big kids pool so she could jump in and practice her swimming. She was so excited and got mad at us when we made her go with me to the other pool for a few minutes. But all in all everybody had fun. Even the boys were excited to have their Dad there with them.

Andrew loved being at the pool. He would get so excited when we would mention the word pool. Who says babies don't know what you are talking about, they know. He loved being in the water, and having the kids play with him.



An update on Andrew
With Andrew turning one it was time for another well baby check-up, it went great and here are the stats!
Weight: 21 pounds 11 ounces (30%)
Height: 30 1/4 inches long (75%)
Head circumference: 18 1/2 inches (65%)
Which means he is a lot taller than he is round (that is what the Dr. said). He is following in his father's and brother's footsteps in the large head department. We just thank the Swedish blood in our genes for those large heads.
With it being a one year birthday we went and took pictures the other day. When we set out we didn't realize that it was 102 degrees (not counting the humidity in that) and it was extremely hot!!! He is so fun to take pictures of right now, he was so cute. Here are some of my favorites from then and then some more of my favorites.

Isn't he such a handsome little man??

He is always so happy.

What a stud, in those glasses!!!!


We were having Fat Boys the other night and Andrew felt left out. Clark decided he could share and I think Andrew really enjoyed it. MMMM chocolate and ice cream!!!!!
He has found his toys and loves to play with them. Especially the toys that have little plastic balls, or the stacking cups. He is so funny to watch when he gets over in his corner of toys. He has this laugh that he uses and it would make anyone start to laugh.
He loves to brush his teeth. He thinks it is so wonderful. Isn't it funny how kids love to do new things and when they get older it's like pulling teeth to get them to do anything.
He loves to take baths. He grins and giggles when we even mention the word bath.

He looks like an angel.

I had put him in the highchair with some treats the other day, so I could get the dishes done, he played for a little while and then he gave up and fell asleep. He was so cute I had to take a picture.

While we were taking pictures of Andrew we decided to update the rest of the kids pictures also. I have a hard time getting the kids to cooperate, plus with it being so hot they turned out great (I think).

Clark 13 years

Ryan 11 years

Emma 8 years
A fun craft for Mothers Day.
Emma made this Lady Bug at school for Mother's Day (Yes, I am a little late with it). She kept getting mad at me because I hadn't taken it out to the garden yet. So I decided now was better than never. As you can see it loves its new home next to the beautiful flowers that I received for Mother's Day from the Ward. I thought it was a really cool project, all it is is a larger rock pianted like a lady bug (if you couldn't tell). Her 2nd grade teacher was so creative and had lots of fun with the kids projects, we will miss her.

Coming up starting school...

2 comments:

Pugliani Family said...

I love the pictures! And I love your new background. I was just looking for a back to school background the other day and I didn't have any luck. So, I copied yours. Now we match!

Megan said...

What a darling little guy! I love hearing about your family. So sad we don't see you much. Thank heaven for blogs (not that I ever post but I love reading them!)