Summer is here and in full swing. The kids have been out of school for a week now (except Clark he was exempt from his exams so he has been home for two weeks), and already I have heard "I'm bored". So with the temperature in the high 90's ( I think we have actually hit 100 degrees) and if you add the heat index it is just too hot for this time of year. But then again I am not usually here for June, I hear it isn't usually this hot here this time of of the year.
We have had end of year parties and awards assemblies and again I am proud of my children. Clark got A's and B's, Ryan got A's and B's and Emma got A's and B's for their final grade for the year. Most of the year they had all A's but one subject they got a B, by the end of the year they had brought their grades up to all A's. Way to go!!!!! Their end of year certificates say AB honor roll, but that is awesome they are so smart!!! Because the lighting in all of the the schools is horrible we had to go outside for their pictures.
Emma with here all AB Honor Roll Certificate.
Emma with here all AB Honor Roll Certificate.
Ryan with his AB Honor Roll Certificate
Last Wednesday we sat down to eat dinner before we had to get out of the door for Scouts and Young Men's and this is what we saw on the window. Yes, there are two lizard's there. It freaked Ryan out (he does not like bugs or anything that crawls) and then there is me who goes outside to get a picture. I thought it was kind of cool to have them there. They sat there for a while and then one of them took off across the window and was gone. We had left anyways and it was too dark to see when we got home, but we did see another lizard (don't know if it was the same one) a couple of days later on the same side of the house. Hopefully they will keep the bugs down, Dad likes that.
Like I was saying school is out and to find things for the kids to do (where it is cool, or to keep them cool) is hard. All the boys want to do is play on the Xbox. So yesterday we pulled out our little kiddie pool and they had a blast. Even Andrew was enjoying it. Andrew had been sick since Saturday night with a fever over 100 degrees and he had thrown up just after midnight Sunday morning. His fever finally broke Tuesday afternoon, and by Wednesday he was pretty much back to himself, he actually ate breakfast, french toast. He isn't much of a breakfast eater anyway so when he ate I knew he was feeling better. Hopefully no one else in the family will get it!
Playing catch or is he just throwing it at Em.
He loves balls and doesn't care how big they are.
CHEESE!!
He is having a ball!
Even the dogs were trying to stay cool.

1 comment:
Way to go Draper kids!
Post a Comment