Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas is coming

Christmas is coming and up until last week I had spaced seeing Santa.  I called a friend and they had not seen him yet either, so we decided while the older kids were at Young Mens we would meet and visit with Santa.  As you probably know here we go to The Bass Pro Shop to see Santa.  The kids like going there because they have games for them to play, coloring sheets and a craft area.  So once we got there Andrew was so excited to see him, he even went running up to him and put his arms up so Santa would pick him up, so cute!!  Emma was also excited to see him but she didn't run up to him.
Andrew and Santa
He doesn't look excited but he really was!
Emma and Santa
Making a cute ornament


Ward Christmas party
This year the youth was asked to put on the Christmas Story out of the Scriptures and both Clark and Ryan were in it.  Ryan was a scribe and Clark was a wise man.  The youth did a great job putting it on even though all they did was stand there while it was narrated.  The funniest thing was was when the shepherds came out and had some sheep with them (young women) one of the sheep would baaa during the narration, I thought it was great. 
King Herod and the scribes.
The three Wisemen.
Three silly girls.
Emma, Grace and Carol


Santa's visit to the library
On Tuesday we went to the library for story time and so Andrew could see Santa again.  Well the Santa part went great, he loves the man but the story part we are still struggling with.  He doesn't want to sit there and listen he wants to get up and run, so needless to say I spent a lot of time outside because I was told he was being too loud and disruptive.  I am sorry but I am trying to teach him he has to sit there and be quiet, so I am sorry that by me standing by the door is causing problems (sorry ranting). I think if they'd have started on time he probably would have done better, he had been sitting there with Emma and myself for fifteen minutes already.  On a good note he was excited to see Santa again!!!
Santa coming in to read a story.  Andrew is at the bottom of the picture in the blue shirt.
All he wanted to do was sit by Joseph, but then after a couple of minutes he decided he wanted to get up and run so that was the end of that.   Emma also loves to go and listen to the stories.
Andrew and Santa


Up to my eyeballs in snowmen!!!
This year Carrson decided he wanted me to make sock snowmen for gifts for his coworkers.  Luckily I had made one of these about fourteen years ago, and then had the beehives make them last December for an activity.  But making twenty of them by yourself gets overwhelming.  Needless to say the table was covered with snowmen for a few days.  But I do enjoy doing crafts and all you need for these are a tube sock, enough rice (uncooked) to fill it two thirds the way full, and marker to draw there faces, something that looks like a carrot for a nose (painted orange of course) and some flannel fabric to make a scarf and some patches oh, and don't forget a glue gun.





This is a few things of what the last week has entailed (except the trip to the emergency room (which I posted earilier), I hope your Christmas season is going well and I hope you are able to enjoy the season!!!

2 comments:

Ruby said...

Those are adorable!!!

Nicky said...

Those are so dang cute!