I started this post last week and I am just getting back to it. Sorry!! Well, the kids are out for Christmas (yes, I said Christmas) break and the last week or two have been pretty busy. The schools were trying to squeeze everything in before school was out and with two kids in extra curricular/band classes we had some extra things to do in the evening. Ryan has has a band concert and Emma has had 3 (out of 4) concerts (they ended up cancelling one of her concerts). So we were on the go quite a bit, and on top of that Carrson was out of town for a few days also.
Ryan has had a lot of fun learning to play the clarinet and was so excited for his concert. A couple of months ago he found out the band teachers were having try outs for the jazz band (here it is an after school/extra curricular activity). He decided he wanted to tryout but the only problem the jazz band is only for eighth graders but as a seventh grader he could try out on the piano. He tried out for the jazz band and ended up making it. Talk about excitement!!! He did get to play a song with the jazz band but I didn't get a good picture. Ryan does very well with the piano and the clarinet, he has a lot of talent and I love to listen to him. I forgot if you notice where he is sitting he is third chair out of about twenty nine clarinets. Way to go!!!
And then there is Emma, who has decided that she wanted to be in the choir at the elementary school. The nice thing about that is is it before school one day a week, so other then that I don't have to worry about anything, except getting her out the door for the bus so she isn't late for choir.
Here she is at her choir concert at the school (top) and at the mall (bottom). She had another concert that she went to, I didn't get any pictures due to her sitting on the floor while she sang and me being at the back of the room. They did a great job!
Here they are singing the "Twelve Days of Christmouas" can you guess where they are in the song? If you answered with "and a partridge in a pear tree" you are correct. They were so fun to watch doing their actions. She has had a blast singing with the choir.

No comments:
Post a Comment