Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentines Day

 This year for Valentines Day I didn't get as creative as I did last year.  I was going to make heart shaped pancakes for breakfast, but when I got up at 5:30 I had forgotten that's what I wanted to do.  I thought about doing something for dinner except we now have young men's/young women's on Tuesday's (thanks to the split of the ward) and I wasn't sure if there was going to be enough time to do anything.  So I ended up not doing anything fun.  I did end up making the pink, heart shaped pancakes for breakfast the next morning.  The kids were excited and I think they ate more then they usually do. 
 
This year Em was the only one that needed valentines for school and she chose to give "Fun Dips" to her class mates.  She ended up not having enough to give her teachers, so one day as I was browsing one of my favorite blogs (ourbestbites.com).  I found a fun valentine here for her teachers.  I had every intention of making a fun fruity popcorn to go with the card (from their blog too) but time got the better of me and I ended up using microwave kettle corn.  No, it is not nearly as good as the other but it worked. 
It was fun and Em was so excited to give it to her teachers. 
Em got these cute valentines from a friend.   I thought they were so cute and she is already talking about making these for her friends next year. 

No comments: