Friday, February 10, 2012

What we have been up to

Well, I have been a slacker and haven't blogged about the boys basketball season yet.  I didn't forget I just didn't get very good pictures at their games, (I have to figure out how to use my camera inside and get good action shots like I can at their soccer games).  The season started back in December and ended last night.  Both Clark and Ryan were on the same team (mom loved that, two practices a week and one game on Saturday).  For the first little while it seemed weird not to have to be there for hours or three days a week, but soccer is starting up in the next few weeks and I am afraid my evenings will be spent up at the soccer fields.  The only problem is now that our ward has split we don't all meet on Wednesday's meet on Tuesday's and here everything is geared for church on Wednesday nights.  Well we will see what happens. 
Here are a few of the best pictures I took.
Clark
Yes, the basket was good!!!  He is getting so tall and will probably be able to dunk here soon.
Ryan improved so much this year.  He actually was able to touch the ball in the games. He shot a few baskets and missed but some that were close.  He did a great job at defending the ball.  He even had a few steals that were awesome!!!

What Andrew and Emma did during the games when I couldn't keep him in stroller.


Getting some advice from the coach.


I was experimenting with my camera and I was able to get shots of Clark at the line getting ready to shoot a foul shot.  Watch the ball.

                                          Swish!!!  He made it!!!












Crafty things I've had fun making!!

I had seen this done at Christmas on a wreath.  I realized I don't have a whole lot of Valentine's decorations so I thought how fun would it be to make a heart wreath.  I used a coat hanger and shaped it into a heart, bought some tulle (on sale for .77 cents @ Hobby Lobby) cut it into 11" by 8" strips, tied them on and the finished project.  I love projects that are cheap and easy.  I think I ended up getting approximately nine yards of tulle.  It could use a little bit more to make it poofyer (I don't think that is a word but I'm giong to use it anyway) but I already had to go back for more and I thought I got the same color, got home and is was more rose than hot pink.  It's a good thing it looks good together, you probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't of told you though. 

The next two projects came from a sister in my ward who got these ideas off Pinterest made them herself and then blogged about it.  I have only been on Pinterest for a couple of weeks and now just getting the hang of it.  I decided to try to make them since I loved them and here are my finished projects. (I don't know how to automatically take you to the blog but this is where I found it salttree.blogspot.com/2011/08/apothecary-esk-dyi.html  On top they are homemade apothecary jars that I used a tapered (glass) candlstick holder, a jar preferably with a lid and E6000 craft glue.  That's all.  It was so easy and when I showed them to some friends they had no idea that they didn't come that way.  I have enjoyed having them.  I needed something new for my mantle and wanted something (if I wanted) that a could change with the holidays.  Yes, the kids have enjoyed the conversation hearts and the cinnamon hearts that I decided to use for valentines decor.

On to the next project. This one is found at watchmedaddy.blogspot.com/2011/12/felt-flower-scarf-tutorial.html It was very very simple.  I really enjoyed making it, and I got a lot of compliments on it when I wore it to church.  All it is is felt.  Check it out.  I'm not going to go into details other then it was very simple.  These pictures don't do it justice but I like it. 
It seems like I have been more crafty lately, or I just decided to blog about it so I can remember some of the things I did so when I look back I can be reminded of some of the fun things I did.


2 comments:

Pugliani Family said...

I Love the wreath! Cool shot of Clark too!

Nicky said...

That scarf is Beeeuuutiful!