Ryan trying to stop a penalty kick. He has learned so much as goalie this past season thanks to his coach who took the time to really work with him. Towards the end of the season he was actually coming out of the goal and charging the ball.
Trying to stay cool and out of the sun. It was about 8:30am and we were going to be at the field all morning (we had games at 8:00, 11:00 and a 12:30. We originally had a 9:30 game also, but that got changed to the week before, and it is easier for us to stay at the field then to drive home and back. So we were trying to stay out of the sun and cool early in the day.
Andrew was told he couldn't do something and he walked off to pout. He loves to run off and play by the trees. Usually he likes to hide behind the trees and run around them when we try to get him. Andrew gave up and fell asleep before the 11:00 game started.
Emma played both goalie and whatever was needed out on the field. She also did a great job this past season. She stopped more goals then she missed, and she also almost scored a goal. She has also learned a lot from her coach. I keep trying to get the kids to go out and practice together since I have a couple of goalies and forwards/midfielders (Emma plays goalie when needed and all the other positions).
Here, I tried to get Clark heading the ball, I did pretty good if I do say so myself. But after this hit he ended up being out for the rest of the game. A couple of weeks ago he had gotten hit in the head with an elbow and the coach was worried he had a concussion, he didn't complain much so we let him keep playing. After heading the ball he made a comment that it hurt his head and so the coach wouldn't let him play. The only problem was he headed the ball in the first few minutes of the. He was quite upset that he couldn't play since it was the last game of the season, he was still upset a few days later. He has progressed a lot since the first of the season too. It is so fun to watch them grow in the sport and get better. I am so glad they enjoy playing the game.
Andrew having a snack.
I had walked to the bathroom and this is what I came back to, Andrew sitting in my chair with his snack (I think he ate most of them and wouldn't share with anybody).
To have soccer end was a bittersweet feeling. Like I said earlier it seemed like the season flew by. Even though I was at the field almost every night I kind of miss it. Yes, I did complain that I wasn't getting anything done, but being able to sit and read or just veg and visit with my fellow soccer moms sometimes was just what I needed to finish the day. Now on to summer and lots of swimming (or that's what the kids are thinking).

No comments:
Post a Comment