Friday, February 22, 2013

Blue and Gold Banquet

 Well since I have been put back in scouts as the Cubmaster (It seems weird to be in the cub scout program with out having a child there with me) I get to be in charge of organizing the Blue and Gold Banquet.    After researching blogs and Pinterest I had come up with a couple of ideas to present to the den leaders, and the one we ended up one was "Angry Birds".  I thought the ideas I had researched sounded like a lot of fun and here is where I found most of the ideas that we used (there is more then the one entry on her blog so check them all out, I think there were four).   I was fretting over it all last week, hoping it would turn out and everyone would enjoy themselves.  I love how it turned out.  I am just glad it is over, and every one had a great time (or so I hear). 
 The tables equiped with crayons, coloring sheets and some brain teasers for the older kids/adults that don't want to color.

I forgot to get a picture of the food table, but it looked awesome.  For dinner we had a baked potato bar with all the fixin's (chili, cheese, green onions/chives, bacon bits, sour cream/ranch dressing and some home made rolls).  The food was delish and the dessert was even better if I say so myself, cake and ice cream. 

 For the activity we split up into two groups and the kids got to build forts and hide the pigs (green balloons).   They took turns trying to knock down the other teams fort with some kick balls/dodge balls.  They had a blast playing!!  I just made up some simple rules to keep it under control and everything was good.  We did it at the back of the gym and it was great the parents could visit and all the noise and kids were enjoying themselves.

 I forgot to take a picture of the "Angry Birds" here (the angry birds game, I can't get it to pull up the instructions, I just used the picture and made up my own rules).  The kids had so much fun playing with them as we were finishing setting up.  I can't believe I forgot to take pictures.  I haven't given them to the boys yet so I can still get a picture of the boys playing with them.
 I didn't take all the family with me, Dad stayed home with Andrew and Ryan.  Emma wanted to go and Clark had just been dropped off at the church from Winter Youth Conference so I kept him with me.  Which was good because I needed a little more help just before it started.  Emma had a lot of fun being with her friends and seeing a couple of the boys from her primary class get their awards and crossover to the eleven year old scouts.  Clark (pictured with all the girls) enjoyed the night also.  Here they are trying to finish the brain teasers.


I had every intention of having the boys make their own "Angry Birds" neckerchief slide, but time ran out and we ended up making them this last Wednesday.  Even though the Banquet was last Saturday they were still excited to make one.  I saw a couple of different ideas here and here and let the boys decide how they wanted to have theirs look.  I think they all look great, not one is the same.  We ended up using red and orange foam sheets, googly eyes, black felt and a pipe cleaner so they could tie it on there neckerchief.  My cubs are so creative, I love what they come up with.

I am glad it is over, but I had a lot of fun watching the boys and their siblings enjoying themselves.  It was well worth it!!

No comments: