We had a very busy week with it being Easter and Spring Break. Clark's parents and sister were able to come out for a vacation. We had a wonderful time visiting and seeing the sights around here. Here are a few pictures from Easter. 
Today was also a special day for Clark J. He received his Faith in God from the primary and was ordained a Deacon in Young Men's. I can't believe my oldest is 12 already. Like I said in an earlier blog they grow up so fast. This picture is three generations of Clark's. Clark R., Clark C. and Clark J.
Grandpa, Dad, Clark and Ryan.
Clark, Ryan and Emma
The van we rented to drive through the park. The kids are getting so excited to see and feed the animals.
This is what we saw in front of us as we drove through the park. The animals come up to you and stick their heads in the windows trying to get more food. The front windows are the only ones that open all the way the rest of the windows have the glass taken out and bars in there place. The animals were quite funny to watch as they walk along with the pace of the car trying to get as much food as they can.
Here is Dad getting slobbered on by an elk.
Another one trying to get Grandpa.
The Giraffe, trying to get in the car for a quick getaway, and yes this
Isn't he just so cute!!
Stone Mountain is a big hill in the middle of no where. It is on the northeast side of Atlanta, Ga, and it has carved into it Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson. It is a monument to the Confederacy of the Civil War. Yes, we did visit this monument not to long ago but we were able to take a little more time this trip to see it and enjoy it a little bit more. It is quite breath taking, I could never have hung there and carved it into the mountain.
The clan that went. Elizabeth, Stephanie, Clark J., Clark C. Ryan, Emma, Grandma and Grandpa.
Clark, Emma, Elizabeth and Ryan
Dad and His boys!!
Dad and Clark on the main deck, and if you look at the top right (almost corner) Grandpa is also in the picture.
Now we are off to Gulf Shores, Al (aka the beach, at the Gulf of Mexico).

Clark, Ryan and Emma playing in the waves. The waves were pretty big so Clark and Ryan enjoyed trying to body surf them. Dad said that we need to come back another time and bring some knee boards so they can body surf better. Emma just loved trying to jump the waves. This was one of the things that she wanted to do for her birthday, so it was good that this was that day.
Dad even got in the water, he wouldn't go much further than his knees, he said it was too cold. I just got my feet wet and took pictures. Watching them they had blast. Grandma and Elizabeth walked up and down the beach looking for seashells, and Grandpa watched the kids play for a little bit. We didn't spend much time there, just enough to see the beautiful sands and to get wet.
We also went back to Atlanta to go to the Cyclorama, which is a Museum that shows and has a huge 360 degree mural and rotating seating area that teaches of the "Battle of Atlanta" (Civil War). I hope that you understood what I was trying to say. It was really interesting, being from the West I am learning so much about the Civil War history (yes most of it Confederacy) but it is quite interesting.
I hope that you have enjoyed our fun times we had over Spring Break. We really enjoyed having Grandpa, Grandma and Elizabeth here for the week, it was sad to see them go and we are looking forward to seeing them and everyone else soon. Have a wonderful Spring day!!



5 comments:
I REALLY want to do that safari! Looks like ya'll had a great time!
Looks like a great Spring Break and Easter. I can't believe Clark is 12. Can we really be that old. I am so excited for you. How are you feeling? I guess this means no vacation to Utah for the Summer. Your family is so cute. I love to peak at your blog to keep up. Our spring break gave us a foot of snow and cold wet weather!!
The safari was a lot of fun. We should of forked over the money for a "slobber towel" but we didn't think we needed it. It was a fun vacation but it wore me out.:)
Just how much slobber does a elk produce?! he he It looks like you had a fun time!
Post a Comment