LaGooN ...One of our traditions that the kids look forward to every year is to go to Lagoon (an amusement park) with their cousins. I think by the time we all usually get there we could have about 16-20 cousins all running around. This year was no different, we all met there and had a great time. I am getting too old to ride some of the rides anymore, I got sick after one of the rides and I decided I am not as young as I once was. It took a while to feel better, I think part of it was it was very muggy (for Utah weather, you would think it wouldn't phase me living in Alabama) and there was no air movement. I will probably go on the ride next time we are there, I never learn, the rush of a roller coaster that shoots you straight up into the air and then straight down with corkscrews is an awesome ride!!! This year I don't have as many pictures as I normally do but that is okay, we got there and they weren't letting any bags on to the rides, so there went the camera. But I do have a few so we can remember it a little.
Ryan, Emma and Clark
Waiting in line for the "Wild Mouse". I loved this ride as a child!!! It was a little different they had to revamp it so now it is about the same but the cars are wider, and yes you still get wind whipped on the turns, I still think it is going to tip on the bends.
Emma and Reagan
This is one ride I could never do. Did it once and have no desire to do it again!!! A ferris wheel with your own compartment that you spin on your own as is goes around, YUCK!!! I can't handle any thing that spins in a constant circle!!
Jackson, Kennedey, Nathan and Ryan.
Waiting in line for the "Rock-o-plane" Yuck again!! I don't know how they can stomach them!!
Ryan
Yes, they have to get wet while we are there. They were sad that the "Rapids" were closed so the had to get wet another way, and this gets you wet.
Ally, Emma and Reagan
The three amigos!!!
Clark, Nicole, Kennedey and Sarah
Emma and Reagan
Such silly girls!!!
Clark trying to make three pointers to win prizes!!!
Splash Pad
We went to the splash pad again this year with Grandma and Grandpa Weir, and the cousins on that side. This year Andrew liked it a little better then last year but it took him a while but got in there.
Clark, Braxton, Ryan, Andrew, Mckynlee and Uncle Ryan.
Ryan and Andrew
Why are you making me have sit here and get water dumped on my head?
Emma
It's my turn!!!
Andrew decided he would rather play at the park instead in the water. He loves the park and he loves to slide. Here he's playing Peek-a-boo. Yes. I see you!!!
Braxton, Andrew and McKynlee
These three are all within four months of each other, they are so funny to watch.
These three are all within four months of each other, they are so funny to watch.
When we were trying to leave Andrew decided that he wanted to play in the water, we couldn't get him to leave. We even tried to walk away to see if he would follow, nope he could of cared less. It cracks me up that he would rather slide and play on the playground when everyone was there and wanted to play in the water when everyone was leaving.
After the splash pad we went back to Grandma and Grandpa's so the little ones could nap and play in the water some more and for some homemade pizza on the grill YUM!!
PLaYing at the PaRK
A couple of days later the Weir clan decided to meet at a park have pizza, let the young ones play and the older men, women and children (or those that wanted too) play basketball. It was fun visiting with family and watching the kids play!!
The older kids loved climbing on the rock wall (even Clark and Ryan had fun climbing it). Emma liked to climb it and sit on top of it. The little ones loves climbing the stairs and sliding down.
The three hooligans. They had a blast!!!
Emma
She thought it was great that she could stand on the railing. She was making some of the craziest poses but I only got this one. She is such a silly girl!!!
Andrew loved climbing inside the tube, I almost couldn't get him out.
Playing basketball.
Clark, Ryan, Clark (dad), Rob, Ryan (J.), Bryan and Heidi.
Swish!!! Way to go Clark!!
BBQ at the Weir's and Andrew's Birthday
While we were in Utah my sister Jennifer and her family arrived for a few days, so Grandma and Grandpa wanted to have a BBQ (we also had a family picture taken-to come soon) while every one was there. It was great to see Jennifer, Dave and Annabelle (she is just two months old). I hadn't seen them in a while so it was great to all be together again. Before dinner we had our pictures taken, I have only seen one but it looks good. After pictures we met at my parents home and had hamburgers and hot dogs, yummy salads and cake and ice cream for Andrews birthday. It was yummy food and great company. That is one thing I miss being so far away, being able to sit in the backyard and visit with family members and not feel like I just got out of the shower from the humidity.
Peyton, Mckynlee, Andrew and Braxton
Waiting patiently. Well maybe not.
Grandpa, were ready for our grub!! are the hot dogs and hamburgers ready yet??
Clark (Carrson), Rob and Clark
Yummy food +
Great company =
A wonderful time!!!!
Emma and her newest cousin Annabelle.
Just one more time in the mountains
We couldn't leave without going to the mountains one more time. We left our trailer up there so we could go for a couple of more days and spend some more time with the Draper's in the mountains. We enjoy just sitting outside and chatting or visiting around a campfire admiring the view of the valley and Bear Lake in the distance and the mountains all around. Some times we even see deer on the property or just over the hill, something we can't do here (it's too hot, hopefully when fall gets here we will be able to sit out and enjoy the backyard).
Andrew trying to be like his daddy. Trying to get the fire going for dinner. Hot dogs roasted over a fire, that is the best way to eat a hot dog (not burnt but lightly browned), YUMMY!!
Self explanatory. The moon, I thought it was cool.
Dalton, Jennifer and Clark (Carrson)
Just chatting waiting for some coals to cook over!
Emma, Reagan
Finally some coals, we are starved!!!
Jennifer, Kennedey, Clark (Carrson), Emma and Ryan.
This is what we woke up to the next morning. Aggie is in Bandit's (Grandma Draper's dog) box on the treker and Rascal is on the ground next to the treker. The dogs are just like children, when the ATV's start up they come running hoping they can get on and ride too!! They are too funny!!!! Aggie has taken a liking to Grandpa Draper, maybe we should have left her there with him!
Andrew was in heaven, we had forgotten that Clark and Ryan had some cars and trucks in one of the cupboards. I remembered and pulled them out and it kept him entertained for quite a while.
We were going to pull our trailer out that day but just as we were finishing breakfast it started to rain, not just a light rain a downpour. It had been thundering and lightening for a little bit so we were waiting for the rain not thinking it would be that bad and right before it started to rain lightening struck somewhere close because the thunder shook the trailer, the kids were down at the Zundel's trailer and as soon as they heard that they ran inside just in time for the rain to hit. It rained and rained and rained, I didn't think it was ever going to end. Needless to say we didn't take the trailer with us, it was a good thing because we wouldn't have made it and to top it off we even slide down the hill. What fun we have in the mountains, I actually was able to take a nap, oh and it felt wonderful!!!!
I wanted to put this in here because I thought it was wonderful. I saw it on the way to Utah but I was driving and I just figured it was some type of "Christian" building, considering we were driving through Liberty, Missouri. I had forgotten they had announced a temple there. It wasn't until Carrson woke up and said "is that Angel Moroni on there, it is Angel Moroni". So on the way back we noticed it didn't look like it was too far off the freeway so we pulled off at the exit and it was right there!! It was so cool right off the freeway in Missouri is a temple. I loved it!!
We got home early Sunday morning (7/17/11) and I went out to check my garden and the sunflowers were huge!! I could not believe how huge they were, also my tomato plants were looking great too (Thanks Monica for taking care of them!!) But I just had to get a picture of (Emma's, she calls them hers) the sunflowers!! The picture doesn't really show how big they are but that is okay, I know how big they were.
We are glad to be home but we hate to have to leave Utah and our family. We talk about how we miss Utah and our families but I know we are supposed to be here, I don't know why but one day we will know. I have made some great friends here and learned some things I would never have known if we hadn't of moved. Thanks to everyone!!
I Love You!!!!


1 comment:
It looks like everyone had a great time. I know that it is hard to be away from family. You are a part of our family now! Glad that you guys made it home safely and I can't wait to see the family pictures!
Post a Comment