Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ryan is a Deacon!!!

As you all know Ryan recently turned twelve, he was interviewed and was able to me made a deacon.  We were trying to figure when we were going to go on vacation, we had decided to ask Ryan if he would rather stay and be made a deacon the Sunday after his birthday or do it the Sunday when we got back.  He chose the Sunday when we got back (I think he wanted to get to Grandmas and play with his cousins).  So we had everything ready before we left, he had his interview and they were waiting till we got back.  He was ordained a deacon on July 24, 2011, which is way awesome because that is when the pioneers entered the Salt Lake Valley and as a church it is a holiday!!!  If he had chosen the Sunday right after his birthday he would have been ordained on July 3rd (my birthday) but that is okay, it's cooler to share that with pioneer history then share it with mom.  I can't believe that I am old enough to have two boys old enough to hold the priesthood.

Congratulations Ryan, I am so proud of you!!!! 

My three Priesthood holders!!!



When we got back home from vacation I noticed that I had left a half a loaf of bread in the cupboard, and on Tuesday (7-20-11) we were going to the library and decided while we were there we would go next door to the park and feed the ducks.  We hadn't done that in a while, so we took a few minutes and fed the geese (the ducks were further down and didn't seem to interested).  Since our last encounter with some of the geese the kids were a little skeptical about getting too close (the geese were coming towards us honking and the kids didn't like it, I thought it was funny).  So here they are feeding the geese!!

Andrew decided he wanted to eat his bread instead of sharing it.



The other day Emma wanted to play the Wii and started playing Band Hero, well then Clark decided he wanted to play too and somehow Andrew got in there and picked up the guitar and wanted to play also.  He didn't care that it didn't have a control but he was sure having fun trying to play the guitar.  Emma loves to sing, she would rather sing then play the drums or the guitar. 
That is just a little bit that has gone on since we have been home, other then going to the pool, sleepovers, scouts, playing as much video games as possible, soccer clinics and playing with friends.  We hope you are having as much fun this summer as we are.  Oh and by the way we are on the countdown for school to start, yes, they are getting excited for it to start, 13 days!!  As Emma put it I am excited for the first day but then not so much after (I can't remember it exactly but I thought it was funny "just for the first day").

No comments: