Sunday, September 11, 2011

Soccer time again :)

It's that time again, time for Fall Soccer and we are in full swing.  The kids (Clark, Ryan and Emma) are all playing (and if Andrew was just a year older he would possibly be playing too).  This time we are only at the fields for practice two days a week, I have never been this lucky usually we are there at least three days and sometimes four (not counting Saturdays for the games).  It is nice except for the fact we are there for three hours, yes, each one has practice at a a different time, no one overlaps. That's okay I like not having to be there every night.  The only time it is hard is when Andrew is up there with us all night, sometimes dad can come get him and Emma and help me out.  Andrew loves to play soccer and kick the ball, he even has his own soccer ball that he kicks around.  He gets mad because he can't play on the fields and kick the ball in the goals.  He has decided he is not going to sit in his stroller, he wants to run around and get into trouble (not really), he doesn't realize that running out on the field while the kids are practicing could hurt him.  So he gets mad and then runs off to play some more.

Saturday was their first games and they all did great job.

Clark did a great job.  He had a double header and did great.  He even scored a goal in the second game, the second picture is him kicking the ball that went in.  I looked up after taking the picture and the ball went in the goal, I had to ask him if he was the one that kicked it because I was looking at the camera and not at the game (isn't that how it always is).  I was excited for him, thinking he was the one that kicked it but was more excited when I asked him and he answered yes.  He is playing on the U18 (18 and under) team again and he is really enjoying it.  It is kind of funny, there is a group of youth from our ward that plays soccer every year and somehow they all ended up on the same team.  We think that is great.  They lost both of their games but they looked good.  Next week we will get them, there are only three teams in the league so revenge is sweet!!!! jk!
 Charging down the side of the field towards their goal.
 Kicking it in the goal!!!


Emma also did a great job.  She started out as the goalie and ended playing midfield.  She was doing good at goalie but I had to leave to go get Ryan for his game so I missed the rest of her game, but Dad said she did a great job.  She is so funny to watch, she is still a little princess out there playing goalie, she is getting much better and she is actually diving for the balls. 
Posing for the camera.  Isn't she just a darling goalie?
Chasing the ball.  She got it before it went in the goal.
Playing midfielder.

The Fans watching the games
Dad and Clark watching Emma's game.
 Mom and Andrew waiting for Ryan's and Clark's game to start.
Andrew sporting some way cool sunglasses
Andrew checking to see if mom is watching so he can go play with the flag after being told to stay away.  There was a game going on and all he cared about was the flag.  He did get to it, and of course I didn't get a picture because I had to put the camera down to go get him before he got ran over by the teams coming towards him.
 He just can't leave the flags alone (later during another game)
Andrew checking out an ant hill, he was fascinated, he hasn't realized they are fire ants and they hurt when they bite.  Earlier he was playing in an ant hill.  I have decided this season is going to be fun with a two year old, I didn't get to watch too much of their games, it seemed every time I took my eyes off him he was trying to get away or into something, I don't know if I am looking forward to that.


Ryan also did a great job even though he only had a few hours of sleep due to a Scout camp out.  He hustled and made some great stops.  He gets better and better every year.  He cracks me up listening to him tell his team mates to get back to help cover him, or back over on their side.  It was funny he didn't know one of their names so he hollered out hey #(?) move back, like they knew what number they were they just got their jerseys), I was laughing so hard. I have now told him he needs to learn his teams names.
Stopping the ball.  Yes he did!!
Kicking the ball back into play.

They all lost their games, but they enjoyed playing again.  Like I said earlier, Revenge is sweet!!  Next time!!

2 comments:

The Hoyt Crew said...

Love Soccer!!! 7 days without soccer makes one weak! we are on the field 6 days a week.. we do not play (team ball) on sunday.. but we are on the field every other day...and sunday is team hoyt in the back yard.. enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

You are a dedicated mom to sit out on that field!