Monday, November 21, 2011

All-Star Soccer

I know I have had a lot of posts about soccer lately, but that is what happens when you have kids that have been playing for three months plus.  Last weekend (November 19 & 20) was the All-Stars State Tournament that Clark and Emma had been getting ready to play in.  So as Carrson and myself  were going to be coming back from our cruise (another post to come) my sister Jennifer and Annabell came down to watch the kids and get them to their games since they were in Dothen, Alabama.  I thank her and her husband for letting her come here for the week! 

Back to the soccer tournament, like I said Carrson and myself were gone and the boat was due in the morning of the start of the tournament.  We were able to get in and on our way earlier then we planned but we still missed Clark's and Emma's first games.  We got word that they both lost (Clark 2-1 and Emma 3-1) but they still had other games to go.  We got to the field just in time to see Emma's second game of the day and she did great.  They won 1-0 but it wasn't enough to go on.  So Emma's team went out on a winning note.  But at last her season is over and I think she is ready to be done.
Emma throwing the ball in.  She was one of the girls designated to throw the ball in and she always did a great job.
By the end of the season she was a lot more aggressive and she would get in the middle and try to get the ball.  She did a great job and was able to get the ball most of the time.
U9 Prattville girls team.
Watching Em's game. 

Like I said we missed Clark's first game on Saturday and then we missed his first game on Sunday (due to miss communication, he didn't think he played till twelve when he had had a nine o'clock game).  So dad gets him to the field and they were asking him where he was (with us not being there for Saturdays game we had no idea when he played so we went off what he told us and he hadn't heard right).  Come to find out he ended up missing his first game on Sunday.  They lost that game also, I am not sure of the score but from what we hear they did great, other then one of there teammates got his face smashed in and a broken nose and a slight concussion.  Who says soccer isn't a contact sport.  

Clark was able to play in the third and final game.  He came in and played hard.  The team they played (we understand was a competition  team not a recreation team) thumped them.  I felt so bad for the team, I was just hoping the game would be over so they could be done.  They came out playing hard and almost had a few goals but in the end they lost.  They did a great job playing, they played so hard that I am so proud of them.  To be honest I am glad soccer is over for now and the only problem is basketball is starting up next Monday.  As of right now Clark and Ryan are on the same team so that means two practices instead of four.   So hopefully we can slow down a little and enjoy the season that we are entering into.  It is one of my favorite seasons.
Clark had some amazing kicks and saves.  He is amazing to watch.


U18 Prattville Team

Watching the game.  Aunt Jennifer and Annabelle



Having the game a few hours away meant having to stay at a hotel and since we don't stay at hotels that often the kids think they have to go swimming.  Just our luck the hotel had an indoor swimming pool.  Clark, Emma and Andrew were able to swim Ryan on the other hand couldn't.  While we were gone (he decided to disobey and in the process) he got his finger caught in the door at church and ended up having to get stitches.






I had to throw this in, I thought it was a cute picture of Andrew and I didn't have a picture of myself at the games.  This was taken after we had gotten home after the games.

No comments: