Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Why?
Friday night (11-25-11) I had gone to bed while Carrson was out watching t.v. or playing on his computer or something (I was asleep). About 1:00am he came into the room saying we had just been vandalized. Some idiotic/stupid (yes I said it) boys tried to steal our blow up Christmas decorations from the front yard. The reason he was even aware of what was going on was when they tried to yank one of them out of the ground it popped, and made a loud noise. They didn't even unplug them, they just yanked them out of the ground. They were even staked in the ground to where we didn't think they would come out, with our storms, we didn't think about teenagers yanking them out of the ground. Carrson had already called the police and the first thing the policeman said when he got out of the car was "is it slashed", I guess they have a lot of vandalized/slashed decorations this time of year. He was telling Carrson that they (the policeman) had resorted to just lights and nothing else. Isn't it sad the at Christmas they have problems like that? Sorry to get on my soap box. So needless to say all we have are our lights out in front and no fun blow up decorations that the boys and dad spent all morning (Thanksgiving) putting out. We had even just bought a new one that was destroyed and the other one was salvageable with a little duct tape. But will they be back if we put it out or will we be safe? I don't know if we are going to chance it. So far our neighbor has been safe with hers (we did let her know what happened with ours), I hope nothing happens!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment