Saturday, November 5, 2011

U9 District Champs!!!!!

 Today was the District Soccer tournament in Opelika, and since there were two teams in the girls U9 division we had to make the trip there.  Granted it is only just over an hour away but it seems like soccer has taken over our weekends for the last few months and we were looking forward to sleeping in past 6:30.  We didn't have to be to the soccer fields until 3:00 but because I have an automatic alarm clock from getting up at 5:30 or is it the fact that I am getting older, I still was up before 7:00 am, I guess you can call that sleeping in.  It was nice nice not having to rush out the door and be to the soccer field at 8:00, and actually eat a hot breakfast of French Toast and bacon instead of cold cereal.  It was yummy!!! 

Well back to the game and the reason we went to Opelika, Emma had two great games, granted they played the same team for both the games.  She played in the midfield area, and was more aggressive then I have ever seen her.  She has progressed so much this year.  Secretly I think she really likes to play soccer but has to give me a hard time because she wants to go to dance instead.  I keep telling her soccer funner then dance.  Here are a few pictures of Emma from the games today.
 
 
 
 
 The winning team. 
 Giving the thumbs up!!  Talk about excited, they HAD to win to be able to go!!  They proved tonight they can win the State Tournament.  They play so great together.  There is a girl on the team that is a little bit bigger then most of them and boy can she boot it down the field.
The winning team all got a first place plaque!!!  Talk about a bunch of excited girls.  I wish I had half their energy, maybe I could get something done.

I can't forget about Clark, he also made the U18 All-Star team, they didn't have a game today due to the fact there wasn't another team from our district, so he doesn't play till State.  His team did play a scrimmage game Tuesday night and they beat them 6-0.  It was a travel team from Wetumpka.  They played awesome!!  I had gone to talk to Emma for a minute turned around and was talking with one of the mom's and looked up just in time to see Clark go down.  We didn't know what had happened but come to find out Clark had the ball and was going to score and the goalie charged him and somehow Clark's leg ended up underneath the goalie.  He didn't get up right away and the coach ran out to see what was wrong, here I was thinking broken leg/foot but thank heavens it is just going to be a bruise.  He is fine, he had a little help off the field, walked/ran of the injury and got back in the game.  He didn't score but he had some awesome assists and passes.  He loves to play with the older kids (remember he is only fourteen and the youngest player on the team).  I think playing with them he has to step his game and play harder and be more aggressive!!!  I love to watch my kids play the sports they love!!!  Just think soccer still has a few weeks now and then basketball starts the week after Thanksgiving!!!

Good Luck Clark and Emma at State!!!!!

No comments: