Sunday, January 29, 2012

Changes

I know I have not blogged for a few weeks I have good reason (well not really).  Two weeks ago I was trying to put my laptop back on the table and move a book all while trying not to knock over a can of soda.  Well the soda won, the cord from my laptop hit it knocked it over and some spilled on the keyboard and a few of the keys would not work after that, so needless to say no laptop and trying to work on the desk top and have a two and a half year old just do not go together.  Then it gets worse we took my laptop to "Geek Squad" they called and told me the keyboard was working but the hard drive was fried and we would need to replace it.  UM... it was working when I took it in and they want to fix it but they refuse to pay for it. So hopefully I will get it back tomorrow and I can really see what is going on.  So in the meantime I have a few minutes to sit at the desk top and blog.  I don't have any pictures to go along with it so you may really enjoy this, but beware when I get a few minutes later lots to get caught up on!!

Two weeks ago our ward here in Prattville, Alabama split.  Okay let me start at the beginning.  When we returned from our vacation this past summer we came back hearing the rumors that the ward was going to split.  I thought how crazy, the ward isn't very big, we were averaging about three hundred to sacrament (me thinking) and I thought it wouldn't happen.  Well all we heard was the ward is splitting and this is where the boundaries for months, then they postponed out Ward Conference till November (to give the First Presidency enough time to look it over, me thinking again.  Ward Conference came (we ended up being out of town) and the Stake Presidency announced it was going to split and they would announce the boundaries on January 15, 2012.  I was quite shocked coming from Utah where the wards are the size of the ward they wanted to split.  So I now know if the Lord thinks it can be done, we better work hard to make it better.  Just to think the ward seems like it did when we moved here.

Even though we stayed in the Prattville Ward we (most all of us) have new callings.  No bishops, but Clark was called to be the First Counselor in the bishopric. It is funny (or I think it is), I had some of the members come up to me and ask if it is going to be an adjustment having him gone on Sunday mornings, nights and not having him sit with us.  My answer was well he has been on the High Council for the last three years and for a year and a half before we moved, having him home Sunday mornings throws me off. I am grateful that Carrson is worthy enough to be able to have the calling and show his love for the gospel to our brother's and sister's in the ward.  Now to me (sigh), all I wanted was a calling that put me closer to my comfort zone and not have to ask others to help with meals or visit sisters that are home bound and needing compassion.  Well I got a new calling but as we know the Lord works in mysterious ways (He is going to get me out of my comfort zone one way or the other) I am now the Gospel Doctrine Teacher. Yes, the adult teacher.  Three things I am going to learn here are,1: don't wish for an easier/more comfortable calling, 2: to be able to teach adults that know more than I do and 3: more about the scriptures.  They are all win win situations and one day I will be grateful that I accepted the calling and the challenge to learn the scriptures.  I had been wanting to get back to studying the scriptures so this way I figure Heavenly Father is providing a way for me to have time to be able to. 

I had to teach today and I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be.  The power of prayer is wonderful!! I know Heavenly Father will only give us what we can handle and He will help us when we ask Him to. 

1 comment:

Nicky said...

I just got a new calling that I feared as well. But I have to say, when it comes to fearful callings - yours takes the cake! Good luck, you will do awesome!