I now have my laptop back and so I am going to take a break and finish our trip to the zoo!!! On January 16th (aka Martin Luther King Jr. Day or Robert E. Lee Day as it is known in the south) the kids and dad had the day off. Not wanting to sit at home we decided to go to the zoo. Since Andrew was older, (his last trip was when he was six months old), and we though he would enjoy seeing the animals. Well we were right, he loved seeing the animals, he even wanted to get in and play with the zebras and some of the other animals.
Andrew waving and saying "HI" to the monkeys. He is such a friendly little man and he would wave at all of the animals. He cracks me up.
Here he is looking at either a snake or a type of a frog, I can't remember, but he thought it was great. Just look at his face.
Besides the zebras he also wanted to go play with the kitties (aka cheetahs). Little does he know these kitties would have him for lunch.
Most of the family.
Aren't these birds just so majestic. Yes, they are Bald Eagles and I love looking at them. It was so funny while we were here there was a little rodent (a mouse or squirrel) digging around just outside their cage, and the eagle on the left was quite occupied with him. I wonder if he was thinking ooohhh an early dinner.
I really have no words for this. Check out Ryan's and Emma's face.
Andrew wanting to pet the elk. No, we didn't let him, he was having a blast seeing all of the animals. We decided to get a family pass for the year (since it was only seven more dollars), so now Andrew can visit the animals more often.
We came around the bend to the Gaff's as Andrew says. He was telling me they are tall and have long necks. It is so fun to hear your kids talk about the things they know, I am glad some things are sticking around in there heads.
As we went from animal to animal he was just so intrigued and was loving it. Now, one of the older kids wanted to hurry so we could get back home so he could go play soccer with some friends (I am not mentioning who but it's not the eldest). Dad had told the boys they could go play earlier that day so he was holding us to it, children...
Checking out how we compare to an elephant.
Emma
Ryan
Andrew
Clark, yes he is over six feet. Can you believe it and he is only 14 years old.
Now we can't go to the zoo without playing at the park. Andrew has learned how to climb the playground equipment to get up to the slides.
Even Clark went down them. He would supervise Andrew and then follow him on the slide.
Andrew and Ryan racing. Andrew won!!!
Emma even got her dad on a swing. Man was she excited!!
We had a great trip to the zoo. Emma has already asked if we could go back. I was mentioning it to Andrew and he was talking to me about the animals there. He is such an animal lover.
I better go and get my dishes done because they aren't going to load into the dishwasher or come clean by themselves. But if you ever hear of that happening let me know!!





















No comments:
Post a Comment