I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year!! Yes I am a little late at it and I appologize!!
We had a lot of fun on New Years Eve. We did fondue, played games, watched a movie and lit some fireworks just after midnight . I know that doesn't sound like a whole lot but we enjoy it. The kids look forward to doing fondue and they start reminding me of it weeks before. It cracks me up that they enjoy it so much. All we do is chicken, steak, fried cheese and hot dogs dipped in pancake batter and then we always have a pot of cheese to dip bread (I usually get a baguette or french bread) and some broccoli and carrots (cauliflower would be good also). You can't forget the chocolate either. The only problem is when you have fondue you don't realize how full you are getting till you are ready to pop! So we ended up finally doing the chocolate on Monday night. The kids love to dip strawberries (living in the south strawberries are starting to be in season, so I can get them without paying on arm and a leg), apples, gummy bears, angel food cake, bananas, we have even dipped marshmallows and cinnamon bears (these are my favorite, but I can't find them anywhere here I don't think they like them here or maybe they just haven't tasted them, maybe that's it! I will actually bring some home with me when we visit Utah, but they are usually gone before we fondue.
This is our attempt at getting the kids picture before we took the Christmas tree down. Andrew did not want to cooperate so we had to bribe him and with that not working we talked him into sitting on his couch and having the kids kneel so we could get all four of them. Like Andrews pout, he has become very good at that. He may even be better then Emma with the pouting.
Clark 14 1/2, Ryan 12 1/2, Emma 9 1/2 and Andrew (almost) 2 1/2
(yes the terrible two's are here and in full swing)
This is what the front room looks like most of the time. I just get them picked up and not more then five minutes later he has already dumped them out. He plays so good with them, but he is like his brothers when he plays, he lines them up just like both Clark and Ryan did. It is so funny to watch him play, he lays on the ground on his side and is either very quiet or he vroooms as he drives them. He was sitting here last night just minding his own business and I thought what a great photo op. Once he heard the camera he was done and just had to see the picture. So trying to get more was a chore, I kept putting the camera away and telling him to go back to the cars. Eventually he did and I was able to get more pictures, yea!!! So enjoy him while he is being good and having fun with his cars.
I swear every time the camera made a noise he had to look up to see what I was doing.
Yea!!! I got one without him looking at me.
Love those eyelashes!!
Andrew wanted me to take his picture, and come to find out I took this picture in front of some of his artwork on the wall. I am wanting to repaint the walls so I am glad that I got this picture. He has drawings on a couple of walls and a window, and other then Ryan drawing on the wall once Andrew is the only other one that has drawn on the walls and one window.
His head is looking better. We had the stitches taken out and four days later it opened up and a friend helped me by gluing it. She is a nurse and I wanted her to look at it to see if she thought we needed to go back for more stitches, she said all they would do was glue it and she actually had some. So thank you for helping us out, I owe you!! Now I keep a band aid with triple antibiotic ointment on it, I am not going to take a chance again, the one night I took the band aid off it split. Hopefully it will heal quickly!!

No comments:
Post a Comment