Monday, August 20, 2012

A new school year

 It is that time of year when the kiddos go back to school.  I don't know who looks forward to it more mom or the kids.  Mom likes it because we can actually be on a schedule and the kids get to get out and do things other than clean (as they put it).  It's not  like they got to play video games, go swimming, or get together with their friends.   No, I think it's that they really enjoy school.  Now with new clothes and awesome new haircuts here we go.

Clark before seminary, yes it is still dark seeing as it was only 5:45am this morning.  I can't believe that he is already a sophomore in high school.  Man how time flies!!  Oh, and by the way he has drivers ed. this semester.  I can't believe I am old enough to have a child that old.  But I wouldn't trade it for anything! 


Ryan before school.  We were outside waiting for the bus twenty minutes earlier than I think we have ever been.   He is so excited to be going into eighth grade.  He didn't know his classes before today, they get them in their homerooms this morning.  He is hoping to get in a certain band class so he can play at the football games.  He thinks it will be awesome (not sure about how mom feels), he will be home in just over an hour and then I will know if his day was great!!



Emma was also so excited this morning, she was also outside almost thirty minutes before her bus.  If you know her she is usually pushing it to get out the door to make her bus.  We are hoping this year will be different. She is so excited to have a friend on her bus from church.  I also think she is way excited because she is going into the fifth grade and also she gets to go to a new school, same bus new school, hopefully she will still be excited when she gets home! 


As I was out taking pictures this morning Andrew wanted to be in them.  So here is Andrew with Ryan and Emma for his pictures.  He is such a sweet little addition to our family, and I wouldn't trade it for the world!! 

Last night dad was giving a blessing to each of the kids going to school and Andrew was kind of all over the place playing with his toys.  Trying to get him to sit and be quiet sometimes just doesn't happen, so when dad was finished he came over and sat in the chair and asked for his.  I thought, even with him doing his own little thing he still knows what is going on and he doesn't want to miss out!  I just hope he stays that way!!

No comments: