Well now that I am back in the Cub Scout program and I had been out of town for most of the month of July we still needed a pack activity for the month so we could work towards our summertime pack award. We were supposed to meet at the soccer field to play a little family soccer but that got changed when it decided to rain most of the day, and of course we were trying to sneak this in on the last day of the month so we couldn't reschedule it. As I was trying to decide what to do Clark was telling me some ideas that they had done at some of their youth activities. One was play baseball (in the gym) with a whiffle ball and bat. Well, I don't know about you, I could find the balls but not the bats. Possibly being the end of summer is why, but I think I will keep looking since that would be a great back up if I need another one. We ended up playing marshmallow baseball. The boys had a blast!! Instead of a baseball you throw a regular size marshmallow (I think the large ones would be fun too, just easier to hit) and instead of a bat you use a pancake turner/spatula. Come to find out it is harder than it looks. Even the younger kids were having a blast. We started out having the kids do different things instead of running to the bases, like, crab walk to first, crawl to second, roll or somersault to third and walk on knees to home. It was taking too long to add the different ways in so we started letting them run. The only thing about that is they tended to get out of control and rowdier when they were running. But I hope they enjoyed it, I certainly did. Oh yah, cookies and punch for refreshments, man were they in heaven!!
It is so weird being in cubs and not having one of my boys there. I started cub scouts just before Clark turned eight, moved, put back in cubs, had a baby and was released for three years and now I am back. I hope that I will be able to do what needs to be done so the boys will enjoy their cub scout time and be ready and excited for the scout program as they grow up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment