Thursday, August 23, 2012

Bye bye binky!

Yea, we have finally gotten rid of the binky.  I didn't want to break Andrew from it before we went across the country for fear of meltdowns in the car.  He hadn't been really using it except to chew on for the most part anyway.  Once we got home I think I gave it to him for the first week, took it to church that first Sunday (July 29) just in case we needed it, nope didn't need it, so I kind of just left it there (knowing where it was if needed).  I finally pulled it out of my church bag last Sunday (August 19) and threw it directly into the garbage can, and now gone and in the landfill.  It has been four weeks and he hasn't even asked for it. So I guess my little guy is growing up.

Also Andrew had his three year check up this past week and he is growing so big.  He is only in the fiftieth percentile for his age but that is okay.  If you remember Clark was always off the charts and now he is six feet 2 inches and is only fifteen.  Talk about having to look up to talk to him.  Ryan was not as high as Clark chart wise but he just past me up in height this last summer.  I swear he went to scout camp shorter then me and came back taller.  I just think I am going to have tall children.


Since school started earlier this week the house has been so much quieter and now I have Andrew constantly asking "where Cark", "where Wryn", Where Emma".  Even with him watching the two younger ones get on the bus he will still ask for them, he love to watch for the bus with us and waves till one rounds the corner and the other one gets to the corner.  The first day was harder for him since Clark left so early and Andrew didn't get to say bye.  He was a little distraught over that but everything turned out.  Yesterday he woke up at 4:30am and came into my room, I took him back to bed laid with him to try to get him to go back to sleep before alarms started going off at 5:00, he never did fall back to sleep and wanted to ride with Clark and myself to the church for seminary.  He thinks that is great.  This morning I thought we were going to have a repeat of yesterday, instead he got in bed with me and fell right back to sleep.  Thank you.  Early mornings for him equal, falling asleep (for nap) way too early and mom moving him so she could rest too and said child waking up and not taking another decent nap till late late afternoon and then up till late late night.   

No comments: