Salt Lake City, Utah Temple
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
As you can tell I couldn't keep Andrew out of the reflection pond in front of the temple. He thought it was great.
He also thought all the statues were great too. He would ask if it was Jesus Christ and of course I had to say no but we will go in to the building to see the Cristus (Jesus Christ). As we were walking to the North visitors center he wanted to go in the tabernacle, we decided we would do it after the visitors center, and as we were walking out to go over to the tabernacle they had just shut it to visitors for a rehearsal. Talk about one upset little boy. I keep referring to Andrew but he was so excited to see most everything that was there. He loved the pictures of Jesus and just by watching him the veil is still a little thin (I think) because it was like he still remembered Jesus Christ. The other kids enjoyed themselves too just on a different level. There were things that sparked their interest and I am glad that we were able to spend a few hours there.
Proof that I was there.
"The Cristus"
We still had a little bit of time to kill before we had to be to Orem, and the way I parked the State Capital was just up the street. So we took the opportunity to drive around it (I couldn't get the kids out to walk around it). With this being the state where three of them were born and where Carrson and myself grew up I thought it would be good for them to see some of the sights.
The one place Clark wanted to see was the
As we were driving south I made the comment to Clark, I wonder where the Real's stadium is. Yes, if you don't know we love soccer and enjoy watching the Real play when ever we get the chance (being in Alabama) we don't get to see it much. As I made the comment the stadium came in to view, and we noticed it wasn't too far away from the freeway so we took a little detour and drove around it. It was pretty awesome! I think the kids would love to go to a game there and see a professional team play live. I know I would. We will have to see what we can do to make it happen while we are here.
We had a wonderful day driving around Salt Lake City, and then topped it off with a wonderful BBQ at my sister's in Orem with family. This is just one of the fun things we have planned while we are visiting.

No comments:
Post a Comment