My wonderful group of cub scouts and youth that was so willing to help out!
Then last week we had a pack meeting that consisted of a bike rodeo. I was really nervous about it if the boys would enjoy it and how I was going to pull it off. We were going to have stations where they had to do different things, at the first one they had to tell us bike safety rules and check to see if their bikes and helmets were safe. At some of the others they had to "stop on a dime" and see if they could follow a path without touching the sides. I think we had about eight different stations and I was starting to fret over who I could have help me pull this off. I needed more then just the den leaders and myself, so I thought I would ask the young women and some of the young men in the ward to help out. I was so excited when they accepted the plea for help, the young women's leader told me they are always in need of doing service. We have such a wonderful group of youth in our ward, they are always willing to help out when needed. They did a great job and the bike rodeo went off without any problems. There was one glitch, we were supposed to have rain showers on and off, I kept praying that wouldn't happen. So far so good just a sprinkle here and there. While we were in the church giving out the awards I guess it was starting to rain and we almost had to figure something else out. But it didn't last too long and it really was just a sprinkle so was carried on as usual. It was great, once we got outside the sprinkle had basically stopped and we were able to carry on with the activity. I am so thankful that my Heavenly Father hears us and is there when we ask for help. I am also thankful for the service and help that was given me that night. I hope the cub scouts had a great time, because that is what being a cub scout is is always (well mostly) having fun and not really know you are learning.

No comments:
Post a Comment