Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fall is...

finally here :)    Fall has got to be my favorite season, the crisp cooler temperatures, the colors of the leaves, watching the kids play soccer and knowing that cooler temperatures are coming.
Fall soccer is over for the season (or so I thought).  Saturday was Ryan's and Emma's last game, Clark had a bye, he played his last game the week before.  With it being fall soccer all the kids are hoping they made All-Stars.  We had arrived at the fields for Emma's game just as the game was ending for the U18 (Clark's league) and since he didn't have a game and he wanted to know if he made it, (we thought he had a pretty good chance of making it). He went up to the coach that of the U15 team and found out that he didn't make it.   He came back to us and you could tell he was extremely sad.  I felt so bad for him, I wasn't sure what to say or do.  To top that off after Emma's game she came running over to me as excited as I have ever seen her, she had made the girls U9 All-Stars team.  Now what do you say.  Oh boy, I figured we were in for a long sad day.  During Ryan's game the coaches daughter of the U18 team came over and asked if we had gotten a message from her father, since we were at the soccer field we hadn't been home yet, Clark had made the U18 All-Stars.  What a complete change in his demeanor, he was smiling again and extremely happy.  Not that I want to spend up to four more weeks at the soccer field, but I am happy for them.  One of these years Ryan will make the team, he is an awesome goalie!!  It also helps when your coach is the one coaching (or a previous coach) to help get on the team.  Here are a few pictures of what we thought were going to be their last games. 
Emma's team won the season 7-1 (I think).  It was fun to watch her become more aggressive.  She played sweeper and did a great job getting to the ball and clearing it so the other team didn't score!!  Way to go Emma!!!!
Ryan getting ready to stop a goal.  He is so fun to watch, especially when he starts yelling at the defenders to get in their positions.  His team did great I think they won one or two games, but since they try to keep the teams together from the fall for the spring they can only get better!
Clark trying to beat the other team to the ball.  I have noticed him being more aggressive this season, if he keeps it up he will be even better!!  I was reading in facebook after Clark's last game and he had posted they had a perfect season of 0-8.  I thought that was funny, it made me chuckle!!
I can't leave out our little soccer player.  He loves to have someone to play with.  Carrson was telling me that Andrew had to take turns being the goalie, he would kick it in the goal and then have to trade with dad so dad could kick it and he would get in his stance and defend.


I had to post these.  I saw these on ourbestbites.com and thought they would be cool to make, and this is how they turned out (I made the pumpkin out of the leftover scraps, but it looks cool).  Better then I expected, some weren't that great but some looked just like candy corn.  Just a little peek!!!



Oh, by the way Carrson has already been extended a calling for church, he is the first counselor in the young men's/scout leader for the fourteen and fifteen year olds.   Yes, this is his fifth calling in the young men's program, this is what happens when you give your scout leaders a hard time while you are a scout!!  I think Clark is excited to have his dad as his leader, it is different then having mom there.

No comments: