Sunday, October 30, 2011

Storytime and parties!

It is the time of the year where we celebrate Halloween.  This year is nothing less, the kids all deciding who and what they want to dress up like and so excited to go door to door and get candy.  Even Andrew knows what to do.  I have been trying to take him to our local story time at the library, like I said "trying".  He is struggling to sit there by himself and listen to the story so most of the time he sits with me and then we struggle with staying in there to listen, the librarians don't like it when the kids are noisy and throw fits (I get dirty looks).  So week by week we try and see if he will sit better and quietly.  It does help having a couple of his friends there, and last week he even went and sat by them for a few minutes.  This last week the library had a Halloween story time/party.  The kids came in their costumes, listened to a couple of stories and then they trick-or-treated around the library.  It didn't take long for Andrew to figure out what to do to get candy.  His "trick-or-treat was so cute.  

 
Andrew and his friends all dressed up for the party.
 We couldn't decided what to dress him up as.  One night dad mentioned dressing him up as Jake from "Jake and the Neverland Pirates".  What a great idea he goes around the house saying yo ho ho.  He looks so cute.  It turned out better then I thought, I even made boots out of felt by following a pattern on one of the blogs (makeit-loveit.com).  I had been trying to figure out how I was going to make boots for him and one day last week I was browsing the blog and she had just posted some tips from her Halloween costumes that she was making.  I was so happy because I was thinking of something along the line of what I ended up doing.  Thank you so much for your help.

Trunk-or-treat
Last Wednesday was our wards annual chili cook off and trunk-or -treat.  I don't have too much to say on that matter, I think it speaks for itself.  (Mostly it's just pictures of the kids in there costumes).  They had a great time and they are looking forward to Halloween night.
 Andrew eating his macaroni and cheese.  I didn't think he would eat chili so I brought mac and cheese for him.  Yum, he loves that stuff!  Little did I know some other mom's brought mac and cheese instead of chili, but that's okay it is a grand idea.
 Clark and his friend George. 
 Emma and Grace
Ryan and Zack

No comments: