Ryan is working on his communications badge so with that you have to be the Master of Ceremonies. He was very nervous and wasn't sure what to do but, he did a great job, way to go Ryan!!
The Ventures doing the skit.
Over the winter break Ryan and a friend had gone to Scout Winter Camp. He had started some of the badges there and had to finish them at home. There wasn't a whole lot to do (visit a city council meeting, watch the news for five days, get the idea) well that was lots of fun trying to get those finished. He still has one or two to go. He did get five merit badges complete and that night we realized he has only has one required badge left to become a Star. So hopefully after scout camp next week he will have enough to achieve that rank advancement or finishes communications (fingers crossed).
Clark received two more merit badges, I believe that puts him one or two short of required ones on his way to Eagle. He is working on physical fitness (required and just about complete), and now we need to start thinking about a project. Any ideas??
Both of the boys did great and I am so proud of them, I hope they keep up the good work and realize how great it will be when they receive their Eagle.
It seems that every time I walk into the back yard to the garden the sunflowers keep multiplying. Sadly this morning I noticed they were starting to droop and some have lost their petals so I guess they aren't going to be around much longer. I am glad I documented them since they were gorgeous this year. I am afraid they are going to fall and squish the rest of the plants so within the next week we are going to have to cut them down. :( I wish they lasted longer for us to enjoy them. We will have to try it again next year but with our experience with other flowers in the past they never look the same. I hope you enjoy the pictures, these are only a few of what I took. I love taking pictures of flowers!
June 7, 2012
June 11, 2012 (The top picture is what happens when you walk outside on a VERY humid evening without realizing your camera has fogged up, (bottom I realized the problem and wiped the lens off, but I think I like the top one better.) I don't know why the background on the bottom picture is so white, there was blue sky when I took the picture.
June 14, 2012
As I took the picture I noticed all the little (baby) bees flying around, these are just a few of them.
One day last week we met some friends at the zoo (and since I have already posted about several trips to the zoo I will keep this very short). I forgot to take the camera (silly me, what was I thinking) but alas I did have my phone and it takes okay pictures. Since this was the first time the older boys had been with us to see the parakeets (they opened after we went as a family) I had to get pictures of them and the birds.
Em was so surprised to have the third one land on her arm. Just look at that face.
Andrew would get one on his stick, shake it (it always startled him to had one land) and they would fly off. He never could get one to stay without our help.
When I went to take the picture he actually had five parakeets on his hand.
They thought this was great and I think we spent at least half the time we were at the zoo in with the birds. We had taken sack lunches and had a fun time with our friends.
It was a nice day to go to the zoo, it wasn't too too hot but it was humid and the hippo had the right idea, relax in the pool!!!
I had to put this here. Andrew now thinks he is big enough to help mow the lawn. Wait till he realizes it will be a job and he will not want to do it then. Now it is fun!







No comments:
Post a Comment