Clark's last day of school was May 17th, his grades and absences were great so he was able to be exempt from all of his exams. Way to go Clark!! Ryan's last day of school was May 19th they started their exams Monday May 21st. He was also exempt from all exams. Way to go Ryan!! To be exempt you have to have an A, B or C grade with one (C), two (B) or three (A) absences per grade. Clark only missed one class (7th period for an appointment) other then that he had perfect attendance. Ryan had perfect attendance all year and he gets so excited over that. One year he learned that they had an award for that so the next year that was the one goal he set, and he has done it every year since. Emma's last day was Wednesday May 23rd and that night we were able to finally have her birthday party. She was so excited!! This year was a tougher year for Clark he actually got a (high) C (I think he realized high school is a little tougher), and the rest were A's and B's, Good job Clark!! Ryan had all A's and B's, Good Job Ryan!!! Emma also had all A's and B's too. Her one B was almost an A, next year all A's she's hoping. Good Job Emma!!
Em's Birthday/End of the year PARTY!
Yes, I know her birthday was like a month ago but with soccer every Friday night and Saturday morning since then, we decide to wait and have her birthday party when school was out for the summer. Personally my kids don't have a birthday party every year, they get one every couple of years,so she was feeling left out since her brothers both got one when they were the same age. Finally we decided that she could have one on the last day of school. She wanted a movie party. It was fun searching for ideas to do. I found a Movie Libs (Mad Libs) here with some other ideas to incorporate into the party.
Reading their "Movie Libs". They were quite funny.
Her movie star pose. I thought it would be fun for the girls to dress up as a movie star and have their picture taken like they were on the "red carpet" or something like that. They had a lot of fun with that, but what girl doesn't.
All of our movie stars!
Even Andrew had to get in on the action. He was a pirate cowboy.
Then they played red rover
Ate,
Ate some more, and then did cupcakes and presents (silly me I forgot to take a picture of the presents).
Then when it was dark enough we got our "movie" snacks
And watched the movie. She chose the movie "Monte Carlo" (w/Selena Gomez) and since I didn't think it was that old of a movie I thought I would be able to find it at the Redbox, nope it wasn't there. I sure had a hard time finding it. I finally did and it worked great. A friend of mine let us borrow her projector, and we duck taped a cheep vinyl tablecloth to the house and watched the movie outside. It was a perfect night (here in there south), it wasn't too hot or humid and the girls were even complaining it was a bit chilly when the sun went down. All in all it was a wonderful evening, I think all the girls had a blast (I hope).

No comments:
Post a Comment