Paint. You probably thought I was going to say something else, didn't you? Just kidding. The front room has needed some paint for a very long time. Well, basically the whole house does. Who would ever put flat, watered down, light tan/beige contractors paint in their house? NOT ME!! Only here do the contractors do that. Even if you ask to change the texture or the color of the paint they won't. This is what they do and since they are in a hurry to build these (cookie cutter) homes they won't change anything for you. I don't know about you but I think that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. So while the husband left town for work I decided to paint. We had talked about it before he left, without deciding to do it for sure. I figured I would surprise him and have it done. The painting decided to take longer than I had hoped for. It ended up taking me a full week to do it with some walls having three or four coats of paint, thanks to the kind of paint (we think that was the problem, primer/paint all in one). I had used that type before but I guess the brand I got (after talking to the sales person at the store) had a bad rep for not blending and not going on smoothly. You could see a lot of the roller marks and I just couldn't be happy with it. So four cans of paint later (yes, it was a larger room with some higher ceilings) I was done. And with all that painting my arm and wrist still hurt. Here are some before and after shots, I don't think they look that much different in the pictures, but believe me there is
a huge difference in color and because it is "satin"paint I can actually clean it off without taking the paint or wall with it.
Some of Andrew's artwork on the wall's
Before
After
Before
After
Before
After
Before
After
Before
After
Man am I glad that is done. Now onto the hallway. We had actually bought five gallons of paint but one of them wasn't a true match, and we were planning on painting the hallway also. This way it will look close but we won't have to wast a gallon of paint. Maybe after Halloween I will attempt it.
1 comment:
You are ambitious! I hate that flat paint also. I like a paint that allows me to clean and scrub!
Post a Comment