I decided to let the kids help decorate the Christmas tree a couple of years ago, even though I like it a certain way. Here is Andrew helping put on the ornaments. It is hard to tell in this picture, but all the ornaments he put on were right around the area he is standing. I tried to keep it that way as long as I could but in the end I had to move some around so they were all over the tree. I know I am bad but it would bother me. He and Emma had a blast decorating the tree.
Notice the lower half of the tree. That is where Andrew put ALL of the ornaments he helped with.
Painting ornaments
Grandma Draper had asked all of the grand kids to make an ornament for her, she wanted to do something with them. After racking my brain about what we could do and get them in the mail, I saw something similar to these on Pinterest here and here. So for family home evening one Monday we decided we really needed to get them done. The kids had fun painting them and deciding exactly how they wanted to them. I did the painting on Andrew's (after he put his hand print on it) and he told me what colors to put on the snowmen. It was a lot fun and I enjoyed see how different they made theirs, I think they turned out great!!
The first week in December our Stake has what they call an Interfaith Nativity. It is where anybody from the Stake or the area can donate their nativities to be displayed for about a week. This year (as an activity for the young women) we decided we would offer rides for the girls that wanted to go. Since Emma thinks she is so close to being a young women (and it doesn't help I am there too) she thinks she has to go, especially since her friends are there. She was able to go this time since this wasn't an official activity and yes she and Grace are as silly as ever, but I think they had a lot of fun. We only had a few girls show up and I think they really enjoyed themselves and were able to get into the spirit of Christmas.
Em and Grace begged me to take a picture of the "Lego" Nativity. They thought it was great. It was pretty impressive.
Another one I had to get a picture of, was one mad of chocolate. We have a sister in one of the wards that makes one every year. It is quite amazing.
There was also one made out of pasta.
I thought it was so cool.
I have love going and seeing all the different nativities and being able to get into the spirit of Christmas. It is so awesome to see that even though there are other Christian faiths we do still believe in the birth of Our Savior.
Band Christmas Concert
It is that time of year (now that marching band is over) for the Christmas band concert. It was a very enjoyable night. The bands did a great job and Ryan sure does love playing the clarinet.
"Santa Claus is coming to town. He's making a list and checking it twice, he's going to find out who's naughty or nice. Santa Claus is coming to town"! As we have done in the past we have to go and visit Santa Claus at the
North Pole (aka Bass Pro). It is quite funny every time we pass Bass
Pro, Andrew points out there is the North Pole that is where Santa Claus
lives. Yes all through out the year. He gets so excited to see Santa. Isn't it wonderful being a kid!
Waiting for our turn to sit on Santa's lap.
We were finally able to get a picture with all of the kids around Santa, We did have to persuade one of them, but I think he was glad he did it. What a great looking group of kids!!
Having fun playing with the games at the North Pole.
Dad helping Andrew with some pointers on shooting the electronic guns.
Even the big kids enjoy playing with what Bass Pro has out as they wait for Santa. We had a hard time pulling Ryan away.














.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment