This year New Years Eve ended up being on the same night as our Young Women and Young Men meet for mutual. I am not sure that the bishopric realized that they were the same day when they planned on meeting that night. All in all it turned out to be a lot of fun (I hope they were having fun) or I thought. We decided to plan a mini New Years Eve party. There were party hats, noise makers, games, food, a dancing video game and lots of fun.
At first I was surprised they decided to have young men's and young women's since it was a holiday and our kids were already talking about our New Years eve traditions. When we realized they were the same night we had to adjust what we normally do and it still worked out. With Carrson as the Bishop and I am in the young women's program we ended up having to take the two youngest with us. Emma is getting excited to move up to the young women's program (partially since most of her friends are there anyways) but she has a few months left. Turning twelve for her just can't come fast enough.
Even Andrew had a blast!
Now to our festivities... For the past six or seven years we have had fondue on New Years Eve, so of course now the kids talk about it and they get excited for it. when we found out that we were having mutual that evening Emma was not too happy, out of all the kids she was probably the most excited to do fondue. Granted they all like it but she is the one that talks about it the most. We had to come up with a plan so we could still eat dinner, go to church and have some fondue. I decided that we would do the chocolate/dessert fondue and have nachos for snack/dessert and do the main dinner the next day. It worked out great since we usually run out of time to enjoy the chocolate the same night, it seems we are usually doing that one the next day.
Yum!
Strawberries, apples, gummy bears, cinnamon bears, angel food cake, bananas and rice krispy treats all to be dipped in the yummy chocolate.
I think Andrew had way too much fun, he loved it.
The picture isn't the greatest but it is all I have, check out that chocolaty grin. Total excitement!
After we ate and watched a movie it was time to go outside and celebrate by shooting off some fireworks. Just as we got outside a police officer was patrolling the streets and warned us not to light the fireworks (especially since we had just received a lot of rain). Come to find out it is illegal here in the city to light fireworks. Next time we will have to plan on going out of the city to light them. Wouldn't that have been nice to know before we bought them. Talk about some very sad little ones (Emma an Andrew), all Andrew wanted to do was to see some fireworks.
No I didn't get any pictures of or fondue dinner but it was yummy and Andrew has even asked if we can have dinner in the three pans again. Yes, I have three fondue pots, and yes we use every one of them when we cook. Andrew had so much fun cooking the hot dogs dipped in pancake batter. He didn't eat much but he had a blast cooking it. We had steak, chicken, hot dogs to dip in pancake batter (yes it makes a great little corn dog), little cheese balls and french bread to dip in a cheese sauce. It was delicious!!
We hope you all had a great New Years Eve and hope your new year is awesome!!




.jpg)


.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment